Kites India - Indian Kite - Kite Museum India
of 11 /11
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Kites India - Indian Kite - Kite Museum India
- 1. Kite Museum Ahmedabad Gujarat IndiaBy http://www.ahmedabadkiteflyers.org
- 2. January is thetime for kitefestivals totake place allover India.
- 3. TheInternationalKite Festival,however, isheld atAhmedabad inGujarat.
- 4. It takes placeon January 13thor 14th, tocoincide withthe festival ofUttarayan orMakarSankranti.
- 5. Familiescelebrate thisholidaytogether.
- 6. Traditionallythe kites aremade frompaper. But this is not agentle sport!
- 7. The aim is to flyyour kite, cutout theopposition andleave your kiteflying.
- 8. Specialmixtures ofglue andground glasscover the lines.This helps tocut through anopponents line,sending theirkite crashing tothe ground.
- 9. This makesthe lines sosharp that,carelesslyused, theycan cut afinger.
- 10. After dark,thousands ofkites arefitted withcylindricalpaper lamps.These fill thesky likebrightlyflickeringstars.
- 11. AddressKite MuseumSanskar Kendra Opp. National Institute of Design, Paldi Ahmedabad 380007 Gujarat Indiahttp://[email protected]