Kite Properties. Kite Competition! It’s the annual kite building competition and this year...
of 15 /15
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Kite Properties. Kite Competition! It’s the annual kite building competition and this year...
- Slide 1
- Kite Properties
- Slide 2
- Kite Competition! Its the annual kite building competition and this year youre going to take home first prize! Now your kite not only needs to look good but also be geometrically correct! The Judges use to be math teachers so they are going to look to make sure your kite has all the properties it should.
- Slide 3
- What is a Kite? A kite is a quadrilateral with two pairs of distinct congruent consecutive sides
- Slide 4
- Lets make a kite to explore with On patty paper, draw two connected segments of different lengths, as shown. Fold through the endpoints and trace the two segments on the back of the patty paper.
- Slide 5
- What are some properties of a kite? Explore with your kite, write down in your notebook any conjectures you come up with.
- Slide 6
- Kite Angles Conjecture The _________ angles of a kite are _________
- Slide 7
- Kite Diagonals Conjecture The diagonals of a kite are _____________
- Slide 8
- Kite Diagonal Bisector Conjecture The diagonals connecting the vertex angles of a kite is the _____________ of the other diagonal.
- Slide 9
- Kite Angle Bisector Conjecture The _________ angles of a kite are __________ by the ___________.
- Slide 10
- Lets prove these conjectures Pick a conjecture and write a paragraph proof or make a flowchart proof.
- Slide 11
- Kite Angles Conjecture Proof The non vertex angles of a kite are congruent
- Slide 12
- Kite Diagonals Conjecture Proof The diagonals of a kite are perpendicular
- Slide 13
- Kite Diagonal Bisector Conjecture Proof The diagonals connecting the vertex angles of a kite is the bisector of the other diagonal
- Slide 14
- Kite Angle Bisector Conjecture Proof The vertex angles of a kite are bisected by a diagonal
- Slide 15
- Lets build our kites Ok, now that you know the properties of a kite you need to make a blue print of what your kite is going to look like. Design on your piece of paper the kite you would build. Remember it has to be geometrically correct!