It's my money
Embed Size (px)
By Mike Smith Discover God's ownership in your life and finances.
Transcript of It's my money
- Introduction: This money myth its MY money builds on the problems of greed and covetousness. Gods ownership is one of the most profound understandings we can possess! Most folks in this world fail to learn this fact. Lets search out some things that God reveals to us about this that will help us to strongly acknowledge His ownership.
- Say not then, in your hearts, My power and the strength of my hands have got me this wealth. 18 But keep in mind the Lord your God: for it is He who gives you the power to get wealth, so that He may give effect to the agreement which He made by His oath with your fathers, as at this day. Deut. 8:17-18 BBE From where did you get the power to make money? Cf. Acts 17:25
- Dont believe the J.G. Wentworth commercial!!! 1 Chron. 29:11-16 All in heaven and earth is Gods! v.11 Riches and honor come from God! v.12 All this abundance is all Your own v.16 David gave God the glory for it all! For the physical and spiritual blessings! We ought to recognize this today. James 1:17; Ephesians 1:3
- Its Gods money, I must deal with it how? Just like its my body, right!? 1 Cor.6:19-20 Truth is its Gods ownership Eccl. 5:18-19 How is your stewardship of what God has given you? 1 Cor. 4:2 Do you give God the glory? 1 Cor. 10:31 He has given us all things! 1 Cor. 3:20-23 Beware of the seeds of moneys deception. Mark 4:19; 1 Tim. 6:10
- Wrap Up: First, acknowledge Gods ownership. Second, we need to understand our inheritance in Gods family. Thirdly, we should do all to glorify God being good stewards of His blessings. Lastly, we must be vigilant in avoiding the deception of the greed for riches. This will help keep us in the proper balance for our life. Luke 12:15; Matthew 16:26
- Invitation: Knowing all spiritual blessings can only be had in Christ, you must get into Christ. Come to Jesus today. Attain the forgiveness of your sins. Rom. 3:23; Eph. 1:7 By your hearing and believing the gospel of Christ. Rom. 1:16-17; 1 Cor. 15:3-4 By repenting of your sins. Acts 11:18 By your confessing Jesus. Romans 10:9-10 By you being baptized into Christ. Gal. 3:27