Is Energy Transfer Partners Really a Buy?
Embed Size (px)
Comparing Energy Transfer Partners to its peers using five key metrics
Transcript of Is Energy Transfer Partners Really a Buy?
- Is Energy Transfer Partners Really a Buy?
- Woe is ETP Energy Transfer Partners has not shared in the seemingly SECTOR-WIDE gains for MLPs in 2014. It is essentially flat, YTD.
- Performance Ouch!
- Performance Peer Comparison
- Metric Check-Up Why is ETP underperforming? Is something terribly wrong under the hood? Lets look at five metrics, comparing ETP to its peers AND the other Energy Transfer entities to find out.
- Yield SXL RGP KMP EPD ETP 6.59% 6.81% 3.72% 6.14% 6.03%
- Price/DCF SXL RGP KMP EPD ETP 8.7x 18.5x 15.4x 15.3x 23.3x
- Debt-to-Adjusted EBITDA SXL RGP KMP EPD ETP 3.9x 3.6x 3.8x 3.6x 8.0x
- QOQ Distribution Growth SXL RGP KMP EPD ETP 1.63% 1.05% 4.9%1.47% 1.41%
- MRQ Distribution coverage SXL RGP KMP EPD 1.36x 1.02x 1.49x1.12x 1.67x
- Key takeaways On a P/DCF basis ETP is far cheaper than its peers, and the industry as a whole The market doesnt trust ETP, despite adequate performance on several key metrics Investors dead set on picking up ETP units should thoroughly investigate its growth outlook before buying In the meantime If you need better income-generating ideas, grab the free report on the next page
- Here are your better ideas