Embed Size (px)
by Dan Becker of the Georgia Right to Life
Transcript of Humanity 2.0
- Eugenics, Transhumanism and Personhood: THE 21st Century Public Policy Debate Georgia Right to LifePersonhoodTHE Prolife Paradigm for the 21st Century
- Ideas Have Consequences
- 2005 National Right to Life Convention Nigel Cameron, Dean of the Wilberforce Forum Two terms will come to dominate public policy in the 21st century . . . Transhumanism Eugenics ("germinal choice" or "reprogenetics)
- Transhumanism and Eugenics September 2004 October 2009
- The Pillars of Personhoo Georgia Right to LifePersonhooda New Prolife Paradigm for the 21st Century
- For the pillars of the earth are the Lords, and on them he has set the world. 1 Sa 2:8
- Hadamar, Germany 1920
- Hyper- inflation
- Hadamar, Germany 1920
- In the 1920s, debate on this issue centered on a book coauthored by Alfred Hoche, a noted psychiatrist, and Karl Binding, a prominent scholar of criminal law. They argued that economic savings justified the killing of useless eaters. US Holocaust Museum They argued that economic savings justified the killing of useless eaters.
- Potters Syndrome (malformation of the kidneys) Children born with anencephaly Trisomy 16, 18, 21 (chromosomal anomalies such as Down Syndrome incompatible with life) the incurably ill or medically futile the mentally challenged the blind, deaf and dumb children half-breeds and other undesirables Holocaust Germanys Slippery Slope
- Up to 100 victims arrived in post buses every day. They were falsely told to disrobe for a "medical examination". Sent before a physician, instead of examining them he assigned one of a list of 60 fatal diseases to every victim, then marked them with different-colored band-aids for one of three categories: Kill; kill and remove brain for research; kill and break out gold teeth. Patrizia Barbera: Todgeweihte kamen in Postbussen zur Hinrichtung, in Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, page 55
- vivisections on the brains of victims who survived the initial experiment. Human Vivisection Cold water immersion experiment
- Genetic Research on Twins Dr. Joseph Mengele
- Allied Prosecutor Thomas Dodd, 1945
- Sixteen of the doctors charged were found guilty. Seven were executed by hanging.. The Doctors Trial at Nuremberg Charged with human experimentation without Informed Consent.
- Godwins Law "[Mike] Godwin observed that, given enough time, in any online discussionregardless of topic or scopesomeone inevitably criticizes some point made in the discussion by comparing it to beliefs held by Hitler and the Nazis. Wikipedia
- Godwins Law "Godwin's law itself can be abused as a distraction, diversion or even as censorship, fallaciously miscasting an opponent's argument as hyperbole when the comparisons made by the argument are actually appropriate. Wikipedia
- Human Vivisection from the Beating Heart Donors pg 36 May 2012 POST-PERSON
- Georgia Capitol 2012
- . . . the fetus is anencephalic or that a diagnosis of Potters Syndrome or a congenital or chromosomal anomaly is made that is incompatible with life.
- Faces of Medically Futile Pregnancy One year old Nick with St. Nick
- "The Cornell scientists put a gene for a fluorescent protein into the single- celled human embryo. The embryo had three sets of chromosomes instead of two." After the embryo divided for three days, all the cells in the embryo glowed, Rosenwaks said. He said the goal of the work was to see if the fluorescent marker would carry into the daughter cells, allowing genetic changes to be traced as cells divided." "A spokesman for the National Institutes of Health said the Cornell work would not be classified as gene therapy in need of federal review, because a test-tube embryo is not considered a person under the regulations." Glow in the dark . . . Humans May 13, 2008 is not considered a person Human Experimentation without Informed Consent
- "When does life begin? I submit the answer depends an awful lot on the feeling of the parents. A powerful feeling--but not science Melissa Perry, MSNBC July 21, 2013
- If the parents want the newborn, it is wrong to kill the baby because the act deprives them of happiness. On the other hand, killing a defective newborn (up to 28 days after birth) is not morally equivalent to killing a person. Peter Singer Member Independent Physicians Advisory Board (IPAB) over ObamaCare, which is an unelected 15-member panel appointed solely by the president ... a person
- So what if abortion ends life? . . . the fetus is indeed a life. A life worth sacrificing. By Mary Elizabeth Williams Salon Magazine, Jan 23, 2013 Heres the complicated reality in which we live: All life is not equal. Thats a difficult thing for liberals like me to talk about . . . Yet a fetus can be a human life without having the same rights as the woman in whose body it resides.
- What do they have in common? Margaret Sanger KKK Adolph Hitler Mary Williams They believe that all human life is NOT equal! POST Birth Abortion
- OUR MISSION Our purpose is the recognition and protection of the God- given, unalienable right to life of all innocent human beings as legal persons at every stage of their biological development. Human dignity and the sanctity of lifeWe MUST understand It is NOT to just save babies . . . It IS to re-establish the sanctity of life and respect for human dignity that our biblical faith requires . . . lest Gods sleeping judgment awake. Then God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. Ge 1:27 Imago Dei Personhood Principle
- In the Roe v. Wade decision, Justice Harry Blackmun wrote that, (If the) suggestion of personhood [of the preborn] is established, the [abortion rights] case, of course, collapses, for the fetus right to life is then guaranteed specifically by the [14th] Amendment. Roe v. Wade 1973 decision . . . the personhood of the preborn child is the single point on which the entire debate turns.
- Elderly - Futile Care Baby Boomers? (Post-Persons) Human Embryos 500,000 (Pre-Persons) Severely Disabled - Anencephalic Infant (Non-Person) Human Animal Hybrids - UK Chimeras (Un-Person) PGD - Pre-implantation Genetic Diagnosis, Eugenics (Good-Beginning) Assisted Suicide Euthanasia (Good-Death) Lets imagine that we wake up tomorrow and Roe is overturned . . . is our pro-life movement finished?
- Natural Law or Divine Law Under Roman law- Personhood was defined and applied to some, as opposed to being recognized as an inalienable right incarnate in all. Two Routes to Personhood Historically government can not be trusted with defining Personhood
- Western laws historic struggle over the issue of Personhood is clearly seen in the manner by which the concept has been applied to the issues of slavery, suffrage and eugenics.
- Constitutional Convention 1787
- In September of 1787 the Constitutional Convention meeting in Philadelphia declared in Article 1, Section 2 of the American Constitution that: blacks are only three fifths of all other Persons. In 1857, in the Dred Scott decision, the U.S. Supreme Court declared blacks to be a subordinate and inferior class of beings. blacks are only three fifths of all other Persons.
- In September of 1787 the Constitutional Convention meeting in Philadelphia declared in Article 1, Section 2 of the American Constitution that: blacks are only three fifths of all other Persons. In 1857, in the Dred Scott decision, the U.S. Supreme Court declared blacks to be a subordinate and inferior class of beings. Dred Scott Decision (1857) Following closely on this logic, within a year after the Dred Scott decision the Virginia Supreme Court ruled that . . . in the eyes of the law, so far certainly as civil