How to overcome the fear of public speaking?
Embed Size (px)
A short ppt on how to become a professional public speaker!! watch the ppt and overcome your fears to public speaking..
Transcript of How to overcome the fear of public speaking?
- Public SpeakingPublic Speaking Vishal Dhona email@example.com +91 9836555823 Making things easier and a lot more practical
- What is Public Speaking?What is Public Speaking? As the name suggests :p DO you people agree?
- Simple, yet DifficultSimple, yet Difficult
- The PhobiaThe Phobia A fear most common: next to death ; The underlying feelings: -Stage fright -lack in confidence -spotlight -what people will comment - unprepared Knowing answer of all questions is no big deal, big deal lies when you are ready to face the questions inspite of knowing that you do not know all the answers!!
- Is it to late?Is it to late? Myths: Its too late now to go and learn the basics It should have been taught to us in our school days STOP giving EXCUSES and work for a better future its never late to start fresh
- WHO needs to SPEAK in PUBLIC?WHO needs to SPEAK in PUBLIC? Politicians? Entrepreneur? Teachers? Nope not only politician or entrepreneur or teachers!! We all do public speaking at different levels, points & time: After all: Public Speaking is a Public Affair
- Relevance to ProfessionalsRelevance to Professionals Why? Its not only about speaking in front of public at large Presentation in front of Share Holders, board meetings, annual general meeting Conduct field research Business Communication Speaking in front of strangers, or during first meeting Remember, people who are your friends today earlier they were also unknown to you.
- Handy TipsHandy Tips Just Relax: Aal iz Well!! Dont be nervous: If you are, dont show! Dont be afraid of anyones comment: Shed off Log kya kahenge? fear Eye Contact with the audience Good Body Language Prepare, Practice, Present Material facts, supported with reasoning Visualize yourself while speaking People want you to be interesting, ask the participants to participate
- DontsDonts Do not read directly from screen, notes etc. (Though u may cheat from mini xerox ) ;) Do not talk too fast or to slow Turn back on audience and it shall on you. Slouch, hands in pockets No nervous gestures, um, ah, you knows
- Ten Successful TipsTen Successful Tips Be a GURUBe a GURU Come early & Know the place Its easier to speak to friends than to strangers hence talk & greet to the audience before hand Preparing your content nicely shall lead to confidence and not to nervousness Close your eyes take deep breaths and have water to relax yourself Visualize giving your speech from start to finish. The audience wants you to do well Dont let them know your nervousness, or else youll only be calling the audiences attention to mistakes Concentrate and Focus on the message you are trying to convey Turn nervousness into positive energy and enthusiasm Gain experience to build confidence, which shall lead to effective public speaking
- Before the Presentation
- After the Presentation!!After the Presentation!!