How to Create, Market and Manage Your Digital Brand
Embed Size (px)
LIfe has become more complicated as you now need to manage your brand's offline brand as well as the increasingly important digital online brand. How do you create, market and manage your digital brand's presence online? What are the digital assets you should be creating? How do you market those assets? This presentation was the keynote at the Digital Conference in Beirut, Lebanon that was the first digital conference in the Middle east by Al-Ikissad Wal-Aamal
Transcript of How to Create, Market and Manage Your Digital Brand
- Creating, Marketing & Managing a Brands Digital Life
- Two Brands to Create, Maintain and Manage -Digital Brand & Offline Brand
- Challenge 1: Technology is Changing Rapidly butHumans are Slow to ChangeTo reach 50 million users Radio took 38 years TV took 13 years Internet took 4 years iPod took 3 years Facebook added over 200 million users in less than 12 months!
- Challenge 2: We still think Local not Global
- Challenge 3: Managing Disruption
- Companies that dont adapt to the disruption are becomingextinct as companies that adapt grow and thrive!
- Challenge 4: Getting Found in a Huge Volume of Information -Over 500 million Websites
- Challenge 5: Consuming the Velocity of Information Every two days we create as much information as we did from the dawn of civilization up until 2003 Eric Schmidt, 2010 (CEO of Google)
- Creating a Brands Digital Life Starts with Designing and Building Your Digital Assets Website Content Social Networks Mobile Platforms
- Designing and Building your Digital Assets What are Digital Assets? Any online web properties on which you have your name and brand Website (includes blogs and online stores) Social Networks Mobile Content
- Designing and Building your Digital AssetsDigital Asset 1: WebsiteDo you think your website in 2012 is like the one you built4 or 5 years ago? Static - never changed Text Based Needed to be programmed by the developer One way communication Optional
- Designing and Building your Digital Assets What is essential for a business website? Intuitive visual design
- Designing and Building your Digital Assets What is essential for a business website? Built on a robust technology platform (Content Management Software)
- Designing and Building your Digital Assets For a great business website It needs Liquid and Linked content
- Designing and Building your Digital Assets For a great business website It requires compelling Multimedia Content
- Designing and Building your Digital Assets For a great business website Tap into the power of the Visual Social Web
- Designing and Building your Digital Assets For a great business website It should be built for Social
- Designing and Building your Digital AssetseCommerce website
- Designing and Building your Digital AssetsTrends in eCommerce Omni Channel Retailing The seamless approach to the consumer experience through all available shopping channels. Think of the whole world as a store! Buy anything, anytime, anywhere Mobile devices Computers Bricks and Mortar The decentralized shopping experience!
- Designing and Building your Digital AssetsBlog
- Designing and Building your Digital AssetsDigital Asset 2: Mobile
- Designing and Building your Digital AssetsMobile The Numbers 5.9 Billion people use mobile phones 1.2 Billion internet connected smart phones Smart phone sales were up 63% in 2011 to 489 million new phones 300,000 apps downloaded 10.9 billion times 40 million tablets sold in 2011 106 million tablets forecast to be sold in 2012
- Designing and Building your Digital AssetsMobile How do people use their mobile devices? 81% for browsing 77% for search 71% Search on their phones because of ad exposure Almost 25% of people have bought using their mobile More than half of the US smart phone users performed retail research while in the store Smart phones now outselling PCs 50% of all US phone users now have smart phones These are all indicators that we have reached a Mobile Tipping Point!
- Designing and Building your Digital AssetsMobile How to win with Mobile Build a Mobile optimised website Build apps that make it easy to buy from a mobile device
- The Key Elements for Winning in a Digital WorldDigital Asset 3: Social Networks
- The Key Elements for Winning in a Digital WorldDigital Asset 4: ContentThe Foundation to your Digital Assets Content that Educates Informs Entertains Inspires
- The Key Elements for Winning in a Digital World Digital Asset 5: Email Database Accountants put a value on it It is under your control Drives traffic to your other digital assets
- You Have Designed and Built Your Online AssetsThey look great! Sit back and wait for the money to roll in? You are not doneYour work has only begun!
- Marketing Your Digital BrandCreate a Digital Marketing Strategy 1. Create a clear vision 2. Know who your audience is 3. Know what your goals are 4. Create tactics to achieve those goals 5. Measure, manage and modify
- Marketing Your Digital Brand Social Mobile Paid Digital Assets Hub Search Email
- Marketing Your Digital BrandChannel 1 Search
- Marketing Your Digital BrandChannel 1Importance of Search Up to 90% of purchasing decisions start with an online search. Organic online clicks account for 75% of all click throughs to websites 25% of all clicks are paid eg Google Adwords.
- Marketing Your Digital BrandChannel 1Why Ranking High in Search is Vital How important is it to be at the top of Googles search results? Ranking first on Google gets over 40% of all clicks Ranking second receives just over 11% - coming second has distinct disadvantages - only of all clicks compared to first ranking 90% of all clicks occur from first page of search results.
- Marketing Your Digital BrandChannel 2Paid Online Marketing Why Paid Online Marketing? It acts as a catalyst to be found online and accelerates the velocity, discovery and sharing of your brand
- Marketing Your Digital BrandChannel 2Paid Online Marketing Internet Advertising vs Print
- Marketing Your Digital BrandChannel 2Paid Online Marketing Some Examples of Paid Online Marketing Google AdWords Facebook Ads LinkedIn Banner Ads on websites where your customers hang out Twitter promoted tweets
- Marketing Your Digital BrandChannel 3Email Marketing
- Marketing Your Digital BrandChannel 3Email Marketing You own it You can send out direct messages when you want Preferred for financial (52%) and travel (43%) alerts Preferred even by teens over all other direct channels for permission-based, marketing communications - 66% Make it easy Provide incentives for prospects to opt-in to your email list eg a free ebook
- Marketing Your Digital BrandChannel 4Social Media Marketing
- Marketing Your Digital BrandChannel 4Social Media Marketing Lebanon and Social Media Penetration rate for Facebook is 33% of the population 4% have joined Linked Twitter penetration is 2%
- Marketing Your Digital BrandBusiness to Business (B2B)Four Top Tips 1. Create content that educates 2. Engage on social networks that work best for B2B 3. Blogs are vital 4. Multimedia is not just for consum