How To Be A Social Media Butterfly
Embed Size (px)
A bit of advice when it comes to creating and maintaining a social media presence.
Transcript of How To Be A Social Media Butterfly
- How to be a Social Media Butterfly Danielle Brigida National Wildlife Federation
- Nonprofits Use Social Networks...
- To Reach
- To Engage
- To Increase Revenue
- Beyond the Buzzwords
- Its a new way to do old business.
- Theres no one way to do it.
- Twitter Facebook Mixx MySpace Change.org Be Present
- Strategically Choose Your Involvement
- Personal or Organizational?
- Branding Your Profiles If joining more than one network,
attempt to have a consistent user name and basic profile .
- NWF inspires Americans to:
- Confront Global Warming
- Protect and Restore Wildlife Habitat
- Connect with Nature
- Observe and Listen Originally Uploaded to Flickr by Mike Bailey-Gates
- Find The Active Users
- Super Influencers are great friends
- Ask them for advice
- Help them and you can learn from it
- Learn and Apply Study...then test! Originally uploaded to Flickr by Steven S.
- Maintenance Originally uploaded to Flickr by THOR
- Update your profile
- Answer questions
- Ask questions
- Interact and participate
- Search for the easy way
- Enjoy the Building Effect
- Over time your
- profile will grow
- Use What You Learn Try to create content based off trends and
- Why Did This Work?
- Trendy and Relevant
- A Bit Goofy
- What We Measured
- - Inbound links
- - Repostings
- - Eyeballs
- Social Media Tracking Google Alerts Blog Searches -technorati
-ice rocket -boardreader
- RSS Readers
- Google Reader
- Detail Searches
- Find Solace in the Filtering Sites
- Reach a desired audience
- Engage people
- Offer a way to revenue
- A Few Takeaways
- If youre doing traditional communication you should be doing this.
- Make information easy to distribute online.
- Try new things.
- Remember your relationships.
- Be authentic (its more important than being cool).