Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Home-Selling Plan
2. Prepared for Potential Sellers Presented by Martin Castro Prudential BKB, REALTORS 400 Shadow Mountain (915) 799-6806 www.findhomez.com E-mail:[email_address] Spring 2007 3. Identifying your goals Marketing your property Establishing a pricing strategy Preparing your property for sale Who we are 4. 5.
- In order to best serve you, I want to learn more about your plans and needs.The following topics outlined below can help me understand your goals and help us build a strong working relationship:
- The agency laws that apply as we work togetherin the marketing and sale of your property.
- The objectives you want to achieve from the sale ofyour house and the support you expect to receivefrom me.
- How the home-selling process should be tailored to fitthe characteristics of your property.
The process of marketing and selling your house must match your objectives, priorities and needs. 6. When real estate professionals work with buyers and sellers, agency relationships are established.There are three kinds of agency relationships:
- Buyers Agent
- Sellers Agent
- Intermediary Relationship
- When you agree to have me help you sell your property, I become your sellers agent, which means I will work foryourbest interests throughout the entire process.
- When an offer is presented, the buyers will have a separate agency relationship with their broker.
7. 8. 1. Communication.2. Motivation.3. Time frame.4. Relocation assistance. 5. Home-selling decisions.6. Price.7. Marketing Plan.8. Previous home-selling experience.9. Positive experiences.10. Concerns. 11. Expectations.The following topics will help me understand what is most important to you in the sale of your property . 9. Each property has special features that may interest buyers.Please tell me about your house. 1 .What do you feel are themost appealing featuresof this property? 2.What features does this property have thatdifferentiateit from other similarproperties? 3.Whatchanges or enhancementswould you suggest to make your property assalable as possible? 4.What do you regard as the most attractive features of thesurroundingneighborhood? 5.Do you have anyspecial terms or conditionsregarding the sale of yourproperty I should be aware of (e.g., items of personal property to be excluded,etc.)? 6.Are you aware of anyproblems or concernsregarding the property or theneighborhood that will need to be disclosed to prospective buyers? 10. Initial Consultation Design and Implement Marketing Plan Review Offer and Reach Agreement with Buyer Complete Settlement Process After-sale Service Selling a house typically includes many of the following elements. I will be your resource and guide every step of the way. 11. 12. Prudential Real Estate has an agreement with Yahoo!, theNo. 1 Internet brand globally and the most trafficked Internet destination worldwide. This agreement enables visitors to the Yahoo! Real Estate section of the site to connect directly to the real estate website of a Prudential Real Estate affiliate. In the January of 2004, Yahoo! reached 70% of all Internet users, drawing over 325 million unique visitors each month. Consumers who perform a search on Yahoo! Real Estate will be taken to a search results page co-branded Yahoo! Real Estate and Prudential Real Estate. The most important words in Real Estate when selling your home. EXPOSURE! EXPOSURE! EXPOSURE! Source: Comscore Media Metrix Jan 2005 13. To successfully promote your property to the market, a comprehensive plan of targeted activities is essential. Our marketing program has three aims:
- Promote directly to prospective buyers
- Print advertising
- The Internet
- Yard sign
- Open houses
- Other marketing activities
- Enlist the efforts of other real estate professionals
- The Prudential Real Estate Network
- Referral and relocation resources
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS)
- Direct promotion to other real estate professionals
- Maintain communication with you
- Review the results of our marketing activities
- Consult with you to fine-tune our marketing strategy, as needed
14. Five Four Three Two One Week Review Progress Just Listed mailings Yard Sign MLS Web Sites Mon E-mail Marketing Campaign Preview for Prudential Agents Tues Promote at office meeting Promote at office meeting Wed Promoteat GEPAR Thur Ad in Times Open House Advertise inReal Estate Weekly Ad in Times Open House Advertise inReal Estate Weekly Preview for all local agents Install Lockbox Sun Sat Fri 15. SOURCE: The 2004 National Association of REALTORS Profile of Home Buyers and Sellers.Due to rounding, percentage distribution may not add up to100 percent. Homebuyers may use several information sources in their search process, but they are most likely to find the home they actually purchase through a real estate sales professional. 16.
- National and international advertising
- The Prudential Financial name is among the most widely recognized brands in theUnited States.
- Prudential Real Estate and its Network members spend millions of dollars inadvertising each year so home buyers know the sign in your front yard.
- Local advertising
- Open houses prominently featured in SundaysEl Paso Timesattracts buyers.
- Real Estate Weeklymagazine advertising to showcase your property.
- Just Listed postcards mailed to various neighborhoods.
- Additional marketing programs
- Exclusive agreement with Yahoo! Real Estate directs buyers to our office.
- Direct e-mail campaigns.
- Membership in the Employee Relocation Council (ERC) makes us available to transferring employees wherever they are relocating to or from.
Our innovative and aggressive advertising and marketing activities will help attract qualified buyers to your property. 17.
- Yahoo! Real Estate,www.yahoo.com Prudential Real Estate is now the exclusive provider of real estate listings for Yahoo! Real Estate. Two million viewers visit Yahoo! Real Estate each month can now view your property.
- The Prudential Real Estate Internet site,www.prudential.com , reaches prospective home buyers worldwide 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.
- Our local companys Web site,www.prudentialbkb.com,offers a wide range of information to help buyers make informed decisions.
- Sales Professionals personal Web site,www.findhomez.com,has links to an updated list of properties that have just been listed on the market; various community organizations; and area school district information.
Potential buyers will have instant access to information about your property through our industry-leading electronic media. 18. Commitment to Customer Service Prudential Relocation, the nations second-largest relocation firm as of March 15, 2004, according to Relocation Information Systems, is a premier provider of global mobility with locations in Phoenix, Washington D.C., New York, Toronto, London, Paris, Singapore, Tokyo, Taiwan, China, Mexico City and Hong Kong. Prudential Relocation associates work directly with relocating employees on a daily basis and use advanced information and communications capabilities as a commitment to customer service. As a result, Prudential Relocation achieved a 94 percent transferee satisfaction rate in 2003. Company Strength In 2003, Prudential Relocation served approximately 47,000 relocating employees from Fortune 500 companies, small industrial and service companies, and U.S. government agencies. After completing approximately 187,000 relocation transactions with approximately 1,000 clients in 2003, Prudential Relocation continues to have a 95 percent client retention rate. 19. By providing peace of mind to prospective buyers, these steps can enhance the salability of your property: Written disclosure A written property disclosure statement will give buyers a clear understanding of this property and the surrounding neighborhood. Home warranty A home warranty can give prospective buyers peace of mind by providing repair-or-replace coverage of major home operating systems and appliances. Professional home inspections Professional inspections, such as structural, roof and termite, will reveal the current condition of the property. 20. Market-sensitive pricing can be the key to maximum market exposure and, ultimately, a satisfactory sale.
- The existing pool of prospective buyers determines a propertys value, based on:
- Location, design, amenities and condition.
- Availability of comparable (competing) properties.
- Economic conditions that affect real property transactions.
- Factors that have little or no influence on the market value of a house include:
- The price the seller originally paid for the property.
- The sellers expected net proceeds.
- The amount spent on improvements.
- The impact of accurate pricing:
- Properties pricedwithin market rangegenerate more showingsand offers, and sell in a shorter period of time.
- Properties pricedtoo highhave a difficult time selling.
21. An impartial evaluation of market activity is the most effective way to estimate a propertys potential selling price.A Comparative Market Analysis considers similar properties that: Have sold in the recent past This shows us what buyers in this market have actually paid for properties similar to yours. Are currently on the market These are properties that will be competing with yours for the attention of available buyers. Failed to sell Understanding why these properties did not sell can help avoid disappointment in the marketing of your property. 22. An asking price that is beyond market range can adversely affect the marketing of a property.
- Fewer buyers are attracted, and fewer offersreceived.
- Marketing time is prolonged, and initialmarketing momentum is lost.
- The property attracts lookers and helpscompeting houses look better by comparison.
- If a property does sell above true market value,it may not appraise, and the buyers may not beable to secure a loan.
- The property may eventually sellbelowmarketvalue.
23. 24. It is important for a property to make the best possible impression on prospective buyers.The following can interfere with a buyers appreciation of a property:
- Lawn needs mowing and edging
- Untrimmed hedges and shrubs
- Dead and dying plants
- Grease or oil spots on the driveway
- Peeling paint
- Anything that looks old or worn
- Worn carpets and drapes
- Soiled windows, kitchen, baths
- Pet and smoking odors
- Peeling paint, smudges or marks onwalls
25. These tips can help your house make the best impression, every time it is previewed by sales professionals or shown to prospective buyers:
- Make beds; clean up dishes; empty wastebaskets.
- Remove clutter throughout and put away toys.
- Set out show towels in baths.
- Freshen the air; potpourri or baked breadaroma; deodorize pet areas; set a comfortabletemperature.
- Do quick vacuuming and dusting.
- Arrange fresh flowers throughout.
- Fire in fireplace (when appropriate).
- Play soft background music.
- Remove toys,newspapers, yardtools and other clutter.
- Tidy up; pick up afterpets.
- Park vehicles in thegarage or on thestreet; leave thedriveway clear.
- Add color with flowersand potted plants.
26. No one has a more important role in the home-selling process than you. Here are some ways your participation can contribute to a successful sale:
- Maintain the property in ready-to-show condition.
- Ensure that the house is easily accessible to real estateprofessionals (lock box and key).
- Try to be flexible in the scheduling of showings.
- When you are not at home, let me know how you can bereached in case an offer is received.
- If approached directly by a buyer who is not represented bya real estate professional, please contact me. Do not allowthem into the property unescorted.
- Remove or lock up valuables, jewelry, cash andprescription medications.
- I will work with you at every stage of the home-selling process,from the development and implementation of a Marketing Plan, through the negotiation of purchase offers to the final settlement of the transaction
- We will want to agree to a system of regular communication sothat you can be kept informed at all times.
- I will give you reliable information and solid advice so that youcan make informed decisions.
- It is my hope that you will be so pleased with my service that you will turn to me for advice on your future real estate needs.
I will apply my knowledge and expertise to achieve the successful sale of your property. Here is what you can expect from me: 29.
- Here are some things you might like to know about me.
- Professional experience & education
- Licensed in 93 as a REALTOR
- B.B.A. Finance & Marketing
- M.A. Management
- Business Teacher-Franklin H.S.
- An active member of the community
- Marathon Runner
- Fundraising-The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
I am ready to help you find your next home! 30.
- Worthy of Trust
- Our heritage reinforces the need to safeguard our customers interest. Wekeep our promises and behave with integrity at all times.
- Customer Focused
- We believe the best way to win customers is to earn them. Our goal is not tosimply attract them, but to gain them as customers for life.
- Respect for Each Other
- We maintain an environment where innovative, service oriented associateswork collaboratively to exceed our customers expectations.
- Winning Attitude
- We strive to anticipate our customers needs and proactively provide them withthe best possible advice and solutions.
Prudential Real Estate and Relocation Services are guided by thesecore values: 31.
- Commitment to customer service
- Advanced technology
- Network strength
- High standards
Why Prudential Real Estate can do more to meet your home-selling needs: 32. Thank you for your consideration . If I can be of service, contact me directly on my cell phone at: 915-799-6806 Or e-mail at: [email_address] Martin Castro, REALTOR