Grade 6 & Grade 7 & Rules
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Grade 6 & Grade 7 & Rules
- 1. Band Room Expectations Grade 6 & Grade 7
- 2. 2015-2016 Concert Dates Thursday, December 10, 2015 Band Concert in the HHS Auditorium Friday, March 11, 2016 Band Concert in the HHS Auditorium Thursday, May 12, 2016 Band-O-Rama performance in HHS Fieldhouse
- 3. Class Website! www.hasd.org/faculty/StacyJuhl
- 4. Band Mrs. Juhl & Mr. Manley Entering During Rehearsal Leaving Lessons Performances Be honest Take responsibility if you have forgotten your mouthpiece, instrument, stick bag, or music. Admit your mistakes without giving excuses. Return any borrowed items. Take responsibility if you forget your lesson. Report your practice minutes honestly. If you must miss a performance, a parent must provide at least TWO WEEKS notice. We are a team and count on everyone to attend performances.** Exceed expectations Treat others kindly. Treat your instrument properly and perform routine maintenance as shown. Treat others kindly. Mark your music as needed. Give your best effort. Treat others kindly. Treat your instrument properly and perform routine maintenance as shown. Arrive on time for your lesson. Prepare all parts of your assignment. Follow the announced dress code for each performance. Accept responsiblity Arrive on time & get seated quickly. Read the days agenda and put your music in order. Wait for group warm- ups before playing. Follow directions the first time given. Mark your music as needed. Clean up your area at the end of rehearsal. Percussionists should cover and/or put away all equipment. Have your practice sheet filled out and signed each week. Practice consistently. Mark your music as needed. Arrive on time for warm-ups and tuning. Respect others Voice level 1-2 Keep hands, feet, and instrument to yourself. When a conductor is on the podium, it is WORK TIME & Voice level 0 Maintain appropriate instrument volume. (i.e., no blasting, honking, or pounding) Voice level 1-2 Keep hands, feet, and instrument to yourself. Everybody is an important part of the groups success. Have your concert music prepared! Display proper performer and audience etiquette during the concert. At the end of the concert, contribute to clean-up as assigned.
- 5. RESPECT It all boils down to
- 6. RESPECT YOURSELF Do the work Give your best effort always Learn from your mistakes
- 7. RESPECT CLASSMATES Treat others with kindness Demonstrate proper rehearsal and concert behavior NO!
- 8. RESPECT THE DIRECTOR Be prepared = PRACTICE!!! Show responsibility Clean up after yourself
- 9. Grading Weekly Practice Minimum of 100 minutes per week Spread out over at least 5 days Playing tests Will be based on our essential skills for each quarter Must be re-taken until you earn a level of proficient Skills mastery Scales Concert music Written Work Nearly all written assignments can be completed during class IF you use your time wisely Concert Attendance Be on time Follow the dress code
- 10. Reeds & Supplies Are Available Here
- 11. Care for your instrument! http://www.hasd.org/faculty/StacyJuhl/care.cfm
- 12. Rental Payments Due October 2nd
- 13. Band Shirts for new students are in stock now
- 14. Get your Jazz Band audition information here
- 15. signed Band Manuals need to be returned by Thursday, September 10th
- 16. Any questions?