Glass bottomed walkway
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Glass bottomed walkway
- 1. Glass Bottomed Walkway Around a Cliff
- 2. The oriental Skywalk is situated 4,700ft above sea level on the side of theTianmen Mountain in Zhangjiajie, China.
- 3. It is certainly not a path for the faint-hearted.
- 4. The Tianmen mountain, literally translated as Heavenly Gate Mountain is socalled because of a huge natural cave that occurs halfway up to the summit.
- 5. The walkwaybuilders are realheroes.
- 6. Tianmen Mountains are in the northern Hunan Province of China, near the city ofDayong. (Many people are confused by the name Tianmen that is similar to the infamousTiananmen Square, in Bejing, thousands of miles away)To reach the summit you can take the Tongtian (avenue toward heaven) highway which has99 sharp turns. At its end you have to climb the Tianti (ladder to heaven) stairs which has999 steps. It is perhaps the Chinese way to reach heaven, scared to death by the road andout of breath from climbing!But all the effort is worthwhile by the magnificent things at the top. You will find therea collapsed cave that is now anatural stone arch, a beautifultemple and breathtaking views. Dayong city (today Zhangjiajie) with Tiamen mountains nearby
- 7. Thanks for Enjoying Edited by zqPei