Embed Size (px)
A breakdown of moms in social, gaming, and use of technology. A compilation of lessons learned from the Corporate Social Media Summit NYC 2012.
Transcript of Gamifying Moms
- Gamifying Moms How todays mom is social, gaming, and more active then everA compilation of lessons learned from the Corporate Social Media Summit NYC 2012
- Moms in Social Top 5 Social Networks and Blogs among Moms* 27.9m on Facebook 9.3m on Blogger 5.4m on Twitter 4.1m on Wordpress 3.1m on Tumblr*As of March of 2012Source: Nielsen
- Moms in Social 61% more likely to visit Pinterest then avg American 38% more likely to follow a brand online 27% more likely to visit Blogger than the avg American
- Moms in Social 3 out of 4 American Moms visited Facebook during March 2012 50% of all moms actively participating in social media access platform via mobile devices. In comparison of females overall, and 37% of the overall population. 1 in 3 moms are bloggers 52% of bloggers are parents with kids under 18 years old in their household
- Finding Time
- How often and why?
- Tactics for EngagementIncentives: rewards, currency, produces, discounts,points, coupons, dealsCompetition: peer recognition, validation, status, fame,social connection, admiration, prominenceImpact: greener purchases, resources conservation,increased recycling, change behavior.
- The result of playing?
- Where are they playing?
- When do they play?
- What kinds and where?
- Activity Breakdown
- Millennial moms want to be smarter, feel engaged, connect with their kids, and learnsomething along the way. It should be a productivebreak, not just something to do because they have time. Samantha Skey, CRO, RecycleBank