Fire Pump Theory TCFP Section 180 180-2.00 --- 180-3.01 Part 3 Operations.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Fire Pump Theory TCFP Section 180 180-2.00 --- 180-3.01 Part 3 Operations.
- Slide 1
- Fire Pump Theory TCFP Section 180 180-2.00 --- 180-3.01 Part 3 Operations
- Slide 2
- Pump Panel gauges
- Slide 3
- Power transfer from engine to pump 1.Auxiliary engine driven 2.Power-take-off (PTO) 3.Cross-mounted engine 4.Front mounted 5.Mid-ship transfer drive
- Slide 4
- Auxiliary engine driven pump Uses a separate engine to drive the fire pump Used for specialty applications 1. Airport crash trucks 2. Portable brush pumps They can be mounted anywhere on the apparatus it will fit.
- Slide 5
- Relay pumping operations The process of using two or more pumpers to move water through hoselines over long distance by operating the pumpers in series
- Slide 6
- Tandem pumping operations A short relay operation in which the pumper taking water from the supply source pumps into the intake of the second pumper. The second pumper booster the pressure of the water even higher. This method is used when pressures higher than the capacity of a single pump are required.
- Slide 7
- Dual pumping operations An operation where a strong hydrant is used to supply two pumpers by connecting the pumper intake-to-intake. The second pumper receives the excess water not being pumped by the first pumper, which is directly connected to the water supply source.
- Slide 8
- Water Relay
- Slide 9
- Water Shuttle