Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Europeana publication
- 1. EUROPEANA PUBLICATION Nikolaos Simou
- 2. Unique identifiers Europeana uses the EDM resource identifiers to distinguish your items and detect duplicates. EDM resource identifiers in MINT are created by using the project name and your local identifier Make sure you use unique identifiers among your imports for each item, otherwise the second item harvested by Europeana having the same identifier will be discarded.
- 3. Local Identifier EDM Resource Identifiers Johann Sebastian Bach108_0851bBourree in e-minor . . . SOUND Unique identifiers
- 4. MINT Workflow Harvestin g Mapping MIN T OA I Europea na 4 Transformati on Publicatio n Statistics Import Mapping XSL Output Europeana A B NoSQL
- 5. Re-publication instructions Click on the "Unpublish" button.
- 6. Re-publication instructions Your dataset has been unpublished.
- 7. Re-publication instructions Delete existing transformations (EDM Sounds, EDM)
- 8. Re-publication instructions Confirm your deletion
- 9. Re-publication instructions Update your mapping, re-transform, prepare for publish and publish
- 10. Monitoring of metadata production You can see the number of published records by visiting the OAI-PMH manager page at http://panic.image.ntua.gr:9876/manager/projects/ sounds
- 11. Monitoring of metadata production Select your organization to see a detailed report
- 12. Case 1: Update published metadata Import_1 contains metadata for 1000 items and it is published. Feedback sent from Europeana about it Action Unpublish Correct mapping Re-publish
- 13. Case 2: Non overlapping imports Import_1 contains metadata for 1000 items and it is published. Import_2 contains metadata for 2000 items that are not contained in Import_1 Action If Import_2 is compliant with Import_1 use an existing mapping to publish If Import_2 is not is compliant with Import_1 make a new mapping for Import_2, and publish
- 14. Case 3: Overlapping imports Import_1 contains metadata for 1000 items and it is published. Import_2 contains metadata for 2000 items some of them are contained in Import_1 Action Unpublish Import_1 Use an existing mapping, if Import_2 is compliant with Import_1 if not make a new mapping for Import_2, and publish
- 15. Case 4: Unpublish from Europeana Import_1 contains metadata for 1000 items and it is published. These metadata have been harvested and published by Europeana but for some reason you want to unpublish them. (i.e. remove them from Europeanas portal) Action Unpublish Import_1 Inform me about the import you want to unpublish from Europeana
- 16. Contact 16 Nikolaos Simou National Technical University of Athens Email: email@example.com LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/pub/nikolaos- simou/68/31a/9aa