Euro Spec Cars/Euro vs. American Cars
Embed Size (px)
What differentiates European cars from American cars? What are some interesting facts about the new Alfa Romeo 4C? These questions and more can be answered from this PowerPoint that was shown at the Cool Car Club today.
Transcript of Euro Spec Cars/Euro vs. American Cars
- Car Club Brace yourselves
- Alfa romeo 4c First new Alfa Romeo in USA since 8C introduced in 2007, only other model Lightweight- less than 2500 lbs, or 2028 lbs in euro-spec No power steering, mid-engined 1.7 liter turbocharged 4 cylinder engine: 21.7 lbs of boost, 237 BHP, 258 ft-lbs torque Huge turbo lag, 0-60 mph in 4.5 seconds
- Motorsports happenings Sebastien ogier takes World Rally Chamionships Driver Championship from Sebastien Loeb, champion for 9 years running Takes title away from Citreon for Volkswagen
- America hates car enthusiasts Why you ask?
- Euro-spec and jdm cars are better Examples: Alfa Romeo 4C is almost 500 lbs lighter in Europe Porsche 928 down by 20 horsepower Toyota ae86 corolla down by 70 horsepower Ford focus ST and fiesta ST only come in 4 doors in USA, 2 doors in Europe E36 BMW M3 down by 70 horsepower The list goes on.
- Japan & Europe get more performance cars Subaru WRX STI and Mitsubishi Evolution up until 2004 Subaru 22B STI Ford Focus RS500 Nissan Skyline GT-R R34 Marauder (big truck thing) Volkswagen Scirocco and Polo Etc
- Less economical cars USA is incredibly strict about diesel cars which get incredible mpg ex: Volkwagen golf TDI= 73.5 mpg Volkswagen Passat Wagon TDI= 78.5 mpg Nissan Qashai diesel= 56 mpg Punchline: Volkswagen XL-1 hypermiler: 260 MPG
- Why????? United States standards are ridiculous and unnecessary.