electric car hybridization and inovation
Embed Size (px)
future proposal..for the hybridization of electric cars..to get onboard energy generation system in place of recharge sytems..use of hydrogen as ecofrndly fuel..and fuel refill system...no daut..much faster, and much efficient,economic,ecofrndly solution
Transcript of electric car hybridization and inovation
- INCLUDES WHAT IS WHY MAIN PARTS FUNCTIONING .. CHARGING SOLUTIONS USE OF RENEWABLE SOURCES ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFITS ADVANTAGES FUTURE PROPOSALOF ELECTRIC CAR
- WHAT IS AN ELECTRICCAR?An electric car is an alternative fuel automobile that uses electric motors and motor controllers for propulsion, in place of more common propulsion methods such as the internal combustion engine (ICE). Electric cars are specifically a variety of electric vehicle created or adapted for use on the road. Electric cars are commonly powered by on-board battery packs, and as such are battery electric vehicles (BEVs).
- WHY THE ELECTRICVEHICLES? Reducing Dependence on Foreign Oil Zero Emissions Equals Zero Guilt
- INSIDE AN ELECTRIC CARThe heart of an electriccar is the combination of:The electric motorThe motors controllerThe batteries
- An AC controller hooks to an AC motor. Using six sets of powertransistors, the controller takes in 300 volts DC and produces 240 voltsAC, 3-phase. See How the Power Grid Works for a discussion of 3-phase power. The controller additionally provides a charging system forthe batteries, and a DC-to-AC converter to recharge the 12-voltaccessory battery.
- The controller takes power from the batteries and delivers it to the motor. When you push on the gas pedal, a cable from the pedal connects to these two potentiometers: Heavy cables (on the left)connect the battery pack to thecontroller. In the middle is a verylarge on/off switch. The bundle ofsmall wires on the right carriessignals from thermometers locatedbetween the batteries, as well as The heavy wires enterinpower for fans that keep the and leaving the controlle
- FUNCTIONING OF E.C..
- The gasoline engine is replaced by an electric motor.The electric motor gets its power from a controller.The controller gets its power from an array of rechargeablebateries The 50-kW controller takes in 300 volts DC and produces 240 volts AC, three-phase. The box that says "U.S. Electricar" is the controller. The vacuum pump is left of cente An automatic transmissionshifter is used to select forwardand reverse. It contains a smallswitch, which sends a signal to thecontroller. The water heater
- The Magna-Charge inductive paddle charging system The 120/240-volt charging The "gas gauge" in an system electric car is either a sim volt meter or a more sophisticated computer th tracks the flow of amps t and from the battery pack The gasoline engine, along with the muffler, catalytic converter, tailpipeand gas tank, were all removed. The clutch assembly was removed. The existing manual transmission wasleft in place, and it was pinned in second gear. A new AC electric motor was bolted to the transmission with an adapterplate.
- Fifty 12-volt lead-acid batteries were placed in the battery tray (twosets of 25 to create 300 volts DC). Electric motors were added to power things that used to get theirpower from the engine: the water pump, power steering pump, airconditioner. A vacuum pump was added for the power brakes (which used enginevacuum when the car had an engine). A battery tray was installed in the floor of the car. The shifter for the manual transmission was replaced with a switch,disguised as an automatic transmission shifter, to control forward andreverse. A small electric water heater was added to provide heat A charger was added so that the batteries could be recharged. Thisparticular car actually has two charging systems -- one from a normal 120-volt or 240-volt wall outlet, and the other from a magna-charge inductivecharging paddle. The gas gauge was replaced with a volt meter. Everything else about the car is stock. When you get in to drive thecar, you put the key in the ignition and turn it to the "on" position to turnthe car on. You shift into "Drive" with the shifter, push on the acceleratorpedal and go. It performs like a normal gasoline car.
- Mechanical layout
- Performance graphContinuousTorque0-60 in 3.9seconds125 mph topspeed
- Cost And Time Trend
- Comparison Between Gasoline AndElectric Car
- CHARGING AN ELECTRIC CAR 1. Opening the gas filler door reveals the charging plug. 2. Close-up of the plug 3.Plug the car in anywhere to recharge.
- The Magna-Charge System The Magna-Charge system consists of two parts: A charging station mounted to the wall of the house A charging system in the trunk of car
- The charging station is hard-wired to a 240-volt 40-amp circuit through the houses circuit panel. The charging system sends electricity to the car using this inductive paddle: The paddle fits into a slot hidden b the license plate of the car. The paddle acts as one half of a transformer. The other half is inside the car,positioned around the slot behind the license plate. When you insert the paddle,it forms a complete transformer withthe slot, and power transfers to the car.
- USE OF RENEWABLE SOURCES
- ENVIRONMENTAL BENEFITSBreath of fresh air.Electricity may be justone answer, but its an especiallydesirable one.As the universalcurrency of energy, itcan be generatedfrom coal, solar, wind,hydro, and nuclear sources or a combination of allof them. No matter how or Enjoy the scenery withoutwhen the world changes destroying it. Electric, electricity can adapt, vehicleseasily and safely produces zero emissions, meaning views like these are preserved for generations
- Generation Sources And Percentage..
- ACCEPTENCE IN DAY TO DAY LIFE An Italian Carabinieri GEM e2, called the Ovetti (egg) used for patrolling urban areas GEM e2 NEV used by the Tourist Police in Playa del Carmen, Mexico, being recharged Best Hybrid Cars - 2011 2011 Toyota Prius The currently available 3rd generation Prius two variant has an impressive mileage of 51/48 MPG in city and highway respectively. You need to pay a starting price of about $23,000 for this hybrid car. The Toyota Prius is incorporated with a 1.8 liter DOHC 16-Valve engine and a permanent magnet AC synchronous motor, which collectively gives a power of 134 hp.2011 Honda Insight HybridThe Honda Insight is considered to be the closest competitor to the Prius. For a mileageof 40 MPG in the city and 43 MPG on the highway, you have to pay a base price of around$18,000. The main technical specs comprises a 1.3 liter i-VTEC engine with the HondaIntegrated Motor Assist (IMA) system which generates a decent 98 hp.
- 2011 Honda Civic HybridIf you are thinking to buy a sporty, good looking inexpensive sedan, which has a good mileage;Honda Civic Hybrid is the most recommended. This Honda car is powered with a 1.4 liter 8-Valve SOHC i-VTEC 4-cylinder engine which supplies 110 hp and the Integrated Motor Assist(IMA) system. The base price of this hybrid vehicle is reported to be about $24,000.2011 Hyundai Sonata HybridThe Hyundai Sonata Hybrid is fitted with a 2.4 liter In-line 4-cylinder DOHC engine and apermanent magnet high-power density motor system, both of which give out 206 hp. Thiscar from Hyundai has a 6-speed automatic transmission. The company claims the mileage tobe 35 MPG on city roads and 40 MPG on highways. The cost of the Sonata Hybrid comesaround $26,000.2011 BMW ActiveHybrid 750iThis BMW car has a 4.4 liter TwinPower Turbo V8 engine with an electric motor, which give acombined power of 455 hp. It comes with an eight-speed automatic transmission. Being a topclass luxury car, it has other features such as Lane Change Warning, BMW Night Vision, andcamera systems. Coming to the mileage, it is approximately 17/26 MPG in city and highway.The price of this car is claimed to be starting around a substantial $102,000.2011 Mercedes-Benz S400 HybridThis is one of the best luxury hybrid cars 2011. It is incorporated with a 3.5 liter V-6 mild-hybrid engine which gives a power of 295 bhp. It has a 7-speed automatic transmissiongearbox. It is believed to give a mileage of 19 MPG in the city and 25 MPG on the highway.The base price of this luxury car is considered to be about $91,000.2011 Lincoln MKZ HYBRIDThis is another high end car from the Lincoln brand. It houses a 2.5 liter 16V Atkinson I-4engine and a Permanent Magnet AC Synchronous Motor which generates a power of 191 hp.The estimated mileage is 41 MPG in the city and 36 MPG on highways. You may have to paya starting price of about $35,000 to purchase this front wheel drive car.
- FUTURE PROPOSAL.1).ETHANOL AS FUEL 25% of fuel air mixture becomes useful energy, rest is emit out as co(poison) co^2(greenhouse gas) no & no^2(formation of acid rain) so^2(yuck!) CH^2O(embalming fluid) the solution is ethanol(corn liquor that is renewable source and adding to gasoline r mileage to 80%)2.)HYDROGEN HYBRID CARS Cars With Electric Motor In Every Wheel An Onboard Source To Generate Electricity No Mechanical Lin