Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Disciplemaking teachers
- 1. DisciplemakingTeachers Josh Hunt, presenter
- 2. Matthew 13:34(MSG) All Jesusdid that day wastell storiesa longstorytellingafternoon.
- 3. OverviewA new teacher came tome one day and asked,How much time shouldI spend preparing for mylesson?
- 4. My Response:As little as possibleWhy?People dont really careThere are so many important things to do
- 5. TeacherHome Preparation
- 6. TeacherHome PreparationClass Presentation
- 7. Teacher StudentHome PreparationClass Presentation Learning
- 8. Teacher StudentHome Preparation LifestyleClass Presentation Learning
- 9. Teacher StudentHome Preparation LifestyleClass Presentation Learning
- 10. Teacher Student (1) (4)Home Preparation Lifestyle (2) (3)Class Presentation Learning
- 11. Churches are in the disciplemaking business Crass CoarseDirty joke-telling Disciples Crude, rude
- 12. Quadrant #4. What kind ofperson are we trying tocreate? D - Disciplined in Daily life I - Intimate Friendships S - Self Image C - Corporate Worship I - Intimate Family Life P - Passion for God L - Lay Ministry E - Evangelistic Interest S - Sacrificial Giving
- 13. D -Disciplined in Daily lifeMark 1:35 Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.
- 14. I - Intimate FriendshipsJames 5:16 Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed.
- 15. The public person I waswasnt a lie; it was justincomplete. When I stoppedcommunicating about myproblems, the darknessincreased and finallydominated me. Asa result, I did things thatwere contrary to everythingI believe.
- 16. S - Self Image 2 Cor. 5:21 God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. Matthew 3:17 And lo a voice from heaven, saying, This is my beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased. 2 Tim. 2:3 Endure hardship with us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. Ephes. 1:15 For this reason, ever since I heard about your faith in the Lord Jesus and your love for all the saints,
- 17. C -Corporate WorshipIrejoiced with those who said to me, Let us go to the house of the Lord. Psalm 122:1
- 18. I -Intimate Family Life1 Tim. 5:8 If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
- 19. P -Passion for God Philip. 1:7 It is right for me to feel this way about all of you, since I have you in my heart; for whether I am in chains or defending and confirming the gospel, all of you share in Gods grace with me. Romans 12:11 Never be lacking in zeal, but keep your spiritual fervor, serving the Lord.
- 20. L -Lay Ministry Ephes. 4:11-12 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, to prepare Gods people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up
- 21. L -Lay Ministry Know their spiritual gifts Ministering according to their giftedness Asa matter of fact, in practice it works the other waythe lower the part, the more basic, and therefore necessary. You can live without an eye, for instance, but not without a stomach. 1 Cor. 12:22 [Msg]
- 22. E -Evangelistic Interest1 Peter 3:15 But in your hearts set apart Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect,
- 23. E -Evangelistic Interest Know how to share the words of the gospel Accept that fact that God accepts you. Believe. Cooperate with what God is trying to do in your life. Know your evangelistic style
- 24. Peters confrontationalapproach Acts 2:14 Then Peter stood up with the Eleven, raised his voice and addressed the crowd: Fellow Jews and all of you who live in Jerusalem, let me explain this to you; listen carefully to what I say. Acts 2:37-38 When the people heard this, they were cut to the heart and said to Peter and the other apostles, Brothers, what shall we do? Peter replied, Repent and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins. And you will receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
- 25. Pauls intellectual approachActs 17:2 As his custom was, Paul went into the synagogue, and on three Sabbath days he reasoned with them from the Scriptures,
- 26. The Blind mans testimonialapproach John 9:25 He replied, Whether he is a sinner or not, I dont know. One thing I do know. I was blind but now I see! [NIV]
- 27. Dorcas serving approachActs 9:36 In Joppa there was a disciple named Tabitha (which, when translated, is Dorcas), who was always doing good and helping the poor. [NIV]
- 28. The woman at the wellsinvitational approach John 4:29 Come, see a man who told me everything I ever did. Could this be the Christ?
- 29. Levis hospitality approach Luke 5:27-30 After this, Jesus went out and saw a tax collector by the name of Levi sitting at his tax booth. Follow me, Jesus said to him, and Levi got up, left everything and followed him. Then Levi held a great banquet for Jesus at his house, and a large crowd of tax collectors and others were eating with them.
- 30. Quadrant #4. What kind ofperson are we trying to create? D -Disciplined in Daily life I - Intimate Friendships S - Self Image C -Corporate Worship I -Intimate Family Life P -Passion for God L -Lay Ministry