Digital Leaders & Open Badges - Achievement Show June 14
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Digital Leaders & Open Badges - Achievement Show June 14
- 1. Over 70% of employers want employability skills to become a top education priority The CBI
- 2. qualifications are worthless as a criteria for hiring Google 2013
- 3. What are open badges?
- 4. Mozilla Open Badges: a web standard which captures & communicates skills
- 5. http://openbadges.org
- 6. Silo 1 Silo 2 Silo 4 Formal qualifications After school club certificates Online learning Silo 3 Professional development
- 7. CC BY-SA Kyle Bowen
- 8. www.backpack.openbadges.org
- 9. Who is using Open Badges?
- 10. 120 partners
- 11. Some of the organisations involved in the ecosystem
- 12. 300,000 + badges issued
- 13. 2000 issuers
- 14. 1400% Growth since Nov 2012
- 15. Student Digital Leaders/ Design Workshop Digital Leader Badges
- 16. The Problem: How do you recognise the accomplishments of Digital Leaders?
- 17. People look up to us and ask for help. We aren't strange anymore for liking ICT. They value are thoughts and ideas Jo, Digital Leader, Lady Lumley School
- 18. Mozilla London HQ Jan 2013 Co-design day with teachers and learners
- 19. Roles Skill & knowledge Apply Pass on Ambassador Networker Presenter Code whisperer Etc.. Digital Leader Badge Framework
- 20. save ima
- 21. Bonus Level 4 badges for responding to employer briefs
- 22. Makewaves is the leading safe social learning platform Whether posting photos via the App, submitting a video competition entry to the WWF Channel, or live blogging from the Olympics, Makewaves provides a fun, easy to use way to engage learners worldwide.