Digital Dealer UGC Social Media Marketing Networks
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Digital Dealer UGC Social Media Marketing Networks
- 1.#213 - Social Networking and BloggingHow to leverage User Generated Content (UGC) sites to drive car buyers and service customers from popular destinations on the Internet to your web site without spending additional money
How to leverage User Generated Content (UGC) sites such as MySpace, Facebook, Blogger and Ning to drive car buyers, enthusiasts and those that influence buying decisions from several of the most popular destinations on the Internet to your dealerships website. This session will share proven tactics that provide dealers with the know-how to execute a strategy that blends web-based reputation and information management with word of mouth that is more powerful than ever before, to generate incremental sales opportunities. Attendees will leave this session with a list of action items that they can use to generate showroom, phone and web site traffic without spending any additional money on marketing services or advertising media.
2. INTRODUCTIONS:Ralph Paglia
ADP Dealer Services
Director - Digital Marketing
- Automotive industry thought leader onDigital Marketing, Advertising, Lead Management and CRM Process design
3. Responsible for driving 144,000+ leads to single-point dealer in 2 years and developinga team that sold 4,000+ Vehicles to Internet Leads in 2006. 4. Strategic marketing planner and consultant to car companies, dealer groups and national enterprise automotive organizations 5. Deep history of developing Digital Marketing strategies and tactical CRM implementation blueprints for dealers and car companies 6. Managed first retail automotive pilot program for Google Audio while in beta testing while at Courtesy Chevrolet in 2005, 2006 and 2007 7. Started generating Internet leads in 1988 using CompuServe ISP access and vehicle listings on defense contractor BBSs in SoCalCell: 505.301.6369 email@example.com
8. User Generated Content (UGC) Sites, also known as Web 2.0 are available in a variety of flavors
Consumer Reviews & Ratings
Video Hosting Sites
Photo Hosting Sites
Do-It-Yourself Publishing (Blogs)
9. 10. Executive Summary UGC Web 2.0 in 2008
In 2008, if youre not on a social networking site, youre not on the Internet. Its as true for advertisers (dealers) as it is for consumers (car buyers).Social networking is the ultimate manifestation of User Generated Content (UGC), and as such, holds more potential for growth than any other form of content on the Web today.
Whats not to love about using UGC sites for your dealerships marketing objectives... Let someone else do most of the work!
11. Executive Summary UGC Web 2.0 in 2008
User Generated Content (UGC) and Social Networks are transforming the media ecosystem.
- Gone are the days when power rested in the hands of a few content creators and media distributors.
12. Gone are the days when marketers controlled thecommunication and path between advertisementand consumer. 13. Todays model is collaborative, collective, customizedand shared. Its a world in which the consumer isthe creator, consumer and distributor of content.The proliferation of quality, affordable technology and the popularity of social networks and UGC sites have forever changed the media landscape.
14. What is User Generated Content (UGC)?
User Generated Content (UGC), also known as consumer-generated media (CGM), refers to any material created and uploaded to the Internet by non-media professionals, whether its a comment left on Amazon.com, a video uploaded to YouTube, or a students profile on Facebook.
15. What is User Generated Content (UGC)?
UGC is fundamentally altering how audiences interact with the Internet, and how advertisers reach those audiences.
- In 2006, UGC sites attracted 69 millionusers in the United States alone.
16. In 2007, UGC sites generated $1 billion in advertising revenue. 17. By 2011, UGC sites are projected to attract 101 million users in the U.S. and earn $4.3 billion in advertising revenue. Still, obstacles remain that prevent dealers (tier 3), car companies (tier 1) and dealer ad associations (tier 2) from taking advantage of this dynamic communication medium.
18. Edmunds.com - one of first Automotive UGC sites
Edmunds follows a product review model for automobiles. The editors of Edmunds post their own auto reviews, as well as pictures and specifications (see Fig 2). Meanwhile, a separate link takes readers to its community areas, where users share their automotive ownership and purchasing experiences. Edmunds has maintained
this online community
since 1996, and it is
moderated. All content
posted to the site is
reviewed by Edmunds
staff within 24 hours,
and offending material
is immediately removed.
19. Edmunds.com as a dealer sales tool
According to a 2007 CapGemini study, 29% of car buyers use consumer-to-consumer (C2C) sites such as Edmunds, blogs or Internet discussion groups when researching information during the vehicle shopping process, up from 21% in 2006.
20. Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites | As Of August 2008
Shown below are the 3 Most Popular User Generated Content (UGC) Websites ranked by a combination of Inbound Links, Google Page Rank, Alexa Rank, and U.S. traffic data from Compete and Quantcast.
1 | myspace.com92,285,806 - Inbound Links |68,285,849 - Compete Monthly Visitors |53,000,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |6 - Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 8eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites|08/20/2008
2| Wikipedia.org75,539,411 - Inbound Links |41,422,790 - Compete Monthly Visitors |43,000,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |9 - Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 8eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites|08/20/2008
3| YouTube.com52,375,050 - Inbound Links |23,825,526 - Compete Monthly Visitors |32,000,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |4 - Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 8eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites|08/20/2008
21. 22. 4th to 7th Most Popular Web 2.0 Sites | August 2008
4 | facebook.com18,261,829 - Inbound Links |22,541,770 - Compete Monthly Visitors |25,000,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |12 - Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 8eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites|08/20/2008
5 | photobucket.com144,789,477 - Inbound Links |25,548,801 - Compete Monthly Visitors |14,000,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |40 - Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 8eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites|08/20/2008
6 | craigslist.org2,218,413 - Inbound Links |23,982,542 - Compete Monthly Visitors |15,000,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |46 - Alexa Ranking. |Page Rank: 8eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites|08/20/2008
7| flickr.com51,779,871 - Inbound Links |23,643,614 - Compete Monthly Visitors |9,700,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |36 - Alexa Ranking. |Page Rank: 8eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites| 08/20/2008
23. 24. 8th to 12th Most Popular Web 2.0 Sites | August 2008
8 | IMDB.com22,521,797 - Inbound Links |17,703,766 - Compete Monthly Visitors |11,000,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |32 - Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 8eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites| 08/20/2008
9 | digg.com118,353,522 - Inbound Links |16,964,445 - Compete Monthly Visitors |8,700,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |104 - Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 8eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites|08/20/2008
10 | WordPress.com40,127,598 - Inbound Links |6,373,166 -Compete Monthly Visitors |16,040,392 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |79 - Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 8 eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites|08/20/2008
11 | topix.com12,338,857 - Inbound Links |4,496,803 - CompeteMonthly Visitors |NA - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |1,583 - Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 6 eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites|08/20/2008|eBizMBA
12 | Netscape.com21,622,171 - Inbound Links |4,855,232 - Compete Monthly Visitors |8,282,805 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |555 - Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 9 eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites| 08/20/2008
25. 26. 13th to 17th Most Popular Web 2.0 Sites | August 2008
13 | xanga.com8,229,423 - Inbound Links |3,494,603 - Compete Monthly Visitors |6,627,359 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |91 - Alexa Ranking. |Page Rank: 7 eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites|08/20/2008
14 | TypePad.com39,468,446 - Inbound Links |6,431,095 - Compete Monthly Visitors |4,400,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |190 - AlexaRanking. | Page Rank: 8 eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites
15 | cafepress.com39,894,526 - Inbound Links |3,423,757 - Compete Monthly Visitors |3,400,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |824 - AlexaRanking. | Page Rank: 8eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites
16 | feedburner.com100,244,672 - Inbound Links |5,478,321 - Compete Monthly Visitors |592,976 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |323 - AlexaRanking. | Page Rank: 8 eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites
17 | LiveJournal.com33,451,748 - Inbound Links |3,660,684 - CompeteMonthly Visitors |1,900,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |63 - Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 8 eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites
27. 28. 18th to 22nd Most Popular Web 2.0 Sites | August 2008
18 | Technorati.com75,264,240 - Inbound Links |3,231,709 - CompeteMonthly Visitors |1,400,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |216 - AlexaRanking. | Page Rank: 8 eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0Sites
19 | linkedin.com2,850,378 - Inbound Links |2,390,529 - CompeteMonthly Visitors |1,300,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |151 - Alexa Ranking. | Page Rank: 7 eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites
20 | del.icio.us171,905,738 - Inbound Links |1,699,128 - Compete Monthly Visitors |1,300,000 - Quantcast Monthly Visitors |248 - AlexaRanking. | Page Rank: 8eBusiness News | Top 25 Web 2.0 Sites
21 | dailymo