Developing and Communicating YOUr Personal Brand
Embed Size (px)
Create your personal brandi in 5 easy steps.
Transcript of Developing and Communicating YOUr Personal Brand
- + Developing and Communicating YOUr Personal Brand Indiana Wesleyan University Alumni Gathering 5/13/14Kate Burkhardt @k8_burkhardt
- + Brand is a noun. It is a verb. It may be about what we do. But overall, it is about what is in the mind. Sudio Sudarsan
- + Who am I?
- + Brand
- + Brands among us
- + Why do you need a brand?
- + 5 Steps to Creating a Personal Brand 1. Do some (me)search What do people say about you? What words to friends and coworkers use to describe your personality? Make lists of passions, interests, accomplishments, skills
- + 5 Steps to Creating a Personal Brand 2. Develop a mission statement Also list core values and goals for the future
- + 5 Steps to Creating a Personal Brand 3. Make the abstract tangible List skills and experiences that align with your mission statement and values Update your resume accordingly
- + 5 Steps to Creating a Personal Brand 4. Create a branding toolkit Logo Business cards Social media
- + 5 Steps to Creating a Personal Brand 5. Use social media as your mini-megaphone
- + Tips for building your brand 1. Ask for a second opinion 2. Commit to it 3. One step at a time
- + Questions? kateburkhardt.com