Dead poets society
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Dead poets society
- 1.Please grab a sharpened No.#2 pencil and begin your test.
2. 3. Dead Poets Society
- This Weeks Agenda
- Assessment and Research: Do They Inform
- Our Teaching Practices?
- Are all the educational
- poets really gone?
- Why should we be cautious every time we accept a new teaching idea or innovation?
5. Dont forget: You can copy-paste this slide into other presentations, and move or resize the poll. 6.
- What are the positive actions that are being taken by teachers and administrators with respect to the requirements of NCLB and assessment?
- What are the reasons behind the stand for and against homework and what are your personal views regarding homework?
- Please visit the following link and add your thoughts
- Why is understanding and using research important for teachers who plan for and instruct students?
9. Dont forget: You can copy-paste this slide into other presentations, and move or resize the poll. 10. 11. Where have all the poets gone? 12.
- Remember, the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse. What will your verse be?
-Dead Poets Society 13. Video Credits
- Blackacolyte26 (2008, October 16). Dead Poets Society-Rip it out [Video file]. Retrieved fromhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOENu0fK0uM
- Momodrua (2007, November 25). Dead Poets Society [Video file]. Retrieved from http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIrrxiwFPw4&feature=related
- Steptoe, S. (2007, May 30). How Nebraska leaves no child behind.Time.Retrieved fromhttp://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,1626423,00.html .
- Van Voorhis, F. (2004). Reflecting on the Homework Ritual: Assignments and Designs.Theory Into Practice ,43 (3), 205-212. Retrieved from Teacher Reference Center database.