Customer Psychology and Ecommerce Stores
Embed Size (px)
Presentation will explain you with data about how you can sale better from your ecommerce store just by understanding your customer's phychology!
Transcript of Customer Psychology and Ecommerce Stores
- Moosa Hemani is a SEO consultant, search blogger, a link builder, who now offers highly professional, and ethical search engine optimization services, to help my clients get better business visibility and growth through online channels.
- An effective marketing strategy can do so much as attract your target audience to visit your website but if the website itself doesnt appeal to them, your marketing strategy has not done the job. When a user visits a website (especially in case of ecommerce websites), there are several things to consider to help the visitor in making the buying decision.
- Today in my post, I am going to discuss what things ecommerce business owners should consider as important, rather than only focusing marketing channels like PPC, SEO, email marketing, etc. Here are some of the areas where businesses should focus on by investing their time and money in order to increase the overall conversion rate.
- Google is also considering website speed as its ranking signal so if the website takes longer time than usual to render the page, chances are that you will see a dip in your SERP rankings. Other than the Google factor, from the customers point of view people tends to stick to the site that responds quickly.
- According to a research by Barry Ritholtz, site speed plays a vital role in the customers buying decision, whether he wants to makes the purchase from your website or he wants to switch to some other website. According to Barry, 80% of them will never come back to the site so chances are you might lose a potential customer just because of the site speed.
- Here are the following things you can do at your end to fix this problem: Expires headers tells the browser if a website needs to be requested from the source or if it can be fetched from the browsers cache. Use CDN for images and other heavy content. Minimize the redirections as this takes time. Minifying your code will result in a page with less KBs which leads to a page that can easily load faster.
- These are few ideas that you can use to fix the site speed and allow the visitors on your website to continue their journey on the website. In order to learn how to speed up your site, this post from The Moz Blog is highly recommended. Website Design Product Reviews Checkout Page Problems Coupons and Deals Shipping Payment and Security
- There are few things you can do to create a better design that converts: Make your design mobile friendly, as there a lot more people search and shop using their smart phones. Try to go with a flat design. Almost all ecommerce businesses are doing this from Apple to a store that offers furniture online. The use of colors should encourage the user to stay on the website. There are actually tons of different ideas that can help you create a design that help visitors to stay and continue their journey on your website.
- Absence of product reviews causes a potential buyer to move towards the competitor and buy! It is very important for a website to have product reviews, especially on review websites like Yelp, Google Places, etc. Online customers have tons and literally tons of choices when buying online, that is why it is very important to grab their attention. It is important to have multiple reviews from different happy clients so that people can trust you more and make purchase decisions in your favor.
- According to a report, 85% of customers read online reviews about the website before making a purchase.
- Here the following tips to deal with product reviews: Get yourself listed on famous websites. Encourage your happy customers to write a positive review for you on different review websites. You can always try different tactics. There are multiple tactics businesses use to encourage their happy customers to share their experience online.
- This is a very common problem ecommerce website face, regardless of niche they belong to. People enter the website, visit different areas and categories and then finally select a product they are interested in buying. Upon purchase they tend to bounce from the checkout page and that is because of the un-optimized checkout page.
- On average around 67% of the buyers leaves the website from the checkout page and there are multiple reasons why they do that!
- Coupons and deals have a great impact on sales. Customers usually search for coupons and deals websites to see if the product they are planning to buy is available on discount and then go to that website accordingly. If you have coupons and deal available you will have more chances for the visitor to convert over your competitors.
- Studies say that coupons and deals can increase customer satisfaction up to 4%.
- Here are few things you can do by using coupons and discounts to benefit your business as well as your customers: Try to add coupons and get it published on websites. Adding discount coupons on your website is also a good option. You can also add discount coupons and deals within your email shoots as well. According to a study, 57% of people tend to buy products with discount coupons as after discount it comes within their budget.
- Around 59% of customers consider shipping as important when making a purchase decision. If you are charging extra shipping cost than normal, chances are your customer will move towards your competitors and buy from them.
- Not many people are considering same day delivery as important but if you are going to charge extra delivery charges them the normal market rate, chances are your customers will bounce instead of buying from you!
- Here are some tips that can help you fix this issue: Simple, do not charge more delivery charges than normal. Free delivery option on certain amount of purchase encourages buyers to buy more. Same day delivery is not that important but sticking to the date you have given is very important. If you can offer this option on shipping you have a good chance to convert your visitors in to customers.
- Customers pay from their own pockets so this is very obvious that they need to care about security with regards to payments. Payment options have an impact on sales as well because people tend to purchase more from the website that offer more than one payment options.
- Around 80% or more people feel safer when they see trustworthy card logos on a website, which is usually displayed by almost all ecommerce stores. Around 40% of the customers will feel more confident when they see more than one payment option available.
- SEO and digital marketing is one thing, but if you are generating low revenue digital marketing is not always to blame. A good digital marketing strategy and website (developed according to customers behavior) can create a win-win situation for customers, as well as for your business.
- Customer Psychology and Ecommerce Stores by Moosa Hemani. http://www.setalks.com/customer-psychology- and-ecommerce-stores Contact : http://www.setalks.com