Creating an inbound marketing services capacity
Embed Size (px)
The exploding areas of local, mobile, and social digital contexts offer outstanding ROI prospects for brands and growth potential for digital agencies. Here is a vision for expanding an inbound marketing capacity either in-house or on the agency side. It's time to move beyond core SEO and PPC into a holistic, social, local, and content-driven world.
Transcript of Creating an inbound marketing services capacity
- email@example.com Main StreetBrooklyn, NY, 11201(718) 625 48435/13/2013 Vision for Inbound Marke1ng Services Andrew Delamarter Director, Search and Inbound Marke>ng
- Agenda:1. Inbound marketing2.Vision for Inbound services3. Appendix Specific Inboundtactics
- The Inbound Ring.Key concept:
- The emerging ecosystem of 3rdparty services that surround corebrand assets:
- The company
- Core digital brand assets
- The Inbound Marketing ring
- Media and Advertising
- User encounters brand content Inbound issues drive exit from customer journey The essential role of the inbound ring.
- An optimized inbound presencemeans managing search, high-intent media, local, social,mobile, content, app discovery,and analytics, holistically.
- InboundMarketerSEM / media On-page contentSocial Presence &AuthorityLocalMobileApps / GPSG+Marketing CloudDoubleclickMarinKenshooOmnitureGoogleAnalyticsEarnedDiscovery
- Vision forInboundServices.
- Consultation servicesThree complementary services.$Design and BuildInbound MarketingServicesDefinesstrategyDefinesrequirements
- BusinessConsultingAdvertising + MediaDesign + BuildInbound Services
- Selling approach.
- Problem:By the time an audit of the clientinbound situation is complete adissues are highlighted, thebudget is not available to doanything about it.
- Solution:Present 3 legs of service offeringat initial client discussions.Address post-launch search anddiscovery strategies at pitch.
- ApproachInbound Audit > Strategy >Implementation Plan
- Define the key inbound channels. Core web / technical SEO Local search Mobile search Social LinkedIn, Pinterest, Facebook GPS / Dashboard devices Images Videos News / Bursty content Content Syndication Content Promotion Link building Audit presence, effectiveness. Highlight inbound opportunities.Step 1: The Inbound Audit.
- Define the desired outcome state. Align to the larger digital engagement: Key touch points. Define what elements must be built into digitalecosystem. Define elements that live on earned and 3rd-partyplatforms. Create the roadmap. Define KPIs and Objectives.Step 2: Develop the Inbound Strategy
- Mix of UX, technical development, social, and off-site /listing optimization work. Put together the right vendors and toolsets Listing optimization Link building Social profile authority Authorship Execute, track, and report.Step 3: Implementation.
- Most inbound / SEO efforts fail due to lack ofimplementation and follow-through. Build, execute, and report on efforts to show high ROI. Many inbound tactics are done off-site require minimalclient or developer participation or access.Dont just strategize Implement!
- Instead of just designing the treehouse,lets build it too.
- Selling tactics.
- Local: Anyone with a large local presence stores, resellers,where to buy, franchisees, agents, channel partners,businesses that support the product. Mobile Optimization: Bars, restaurants, banks, etc. Social Authority and Promotion: Anyone in the facts, opinion,news, or narrative content space. Content Marketing: Anyone with a large need for new content. CMS Configuration and Training: Anyone with a net newbusiness or site. Content promotion: Social media engagements, content sites,blogs.Who can benefit from inboundservices?.
- Do you have a holistic inbound marketing plan that addressessearch and discovery on all these new screens, devices, andcontexts? Do you think that promotion should be outsourced to an agencythat is paid based on media spend? Is the capital budget sufficient to build-in the Inbound Marketingcoding and technical requirements or are they at risk of beingde-scoped? Can marketing help fund the capital project if they can beassured their requirements will be included? Do you have an SEO firm? Are they asking these types ofquestions? Are they given both a strategy and a roadmap toimplementation that address holistic inbound tactics?Key probing questions to ask.
- CEO CFO CMO VPs of channel sales VPs of retail sales VPs of sales Online Marketing VP / Director In-house SEO guy (if present) VPs of technology if versed in marketingTarget roles for pitching unboundservices.
- Concerns with using a digital agency or an in-house team:1. These people are exposed and will not call out own mistakes.2. May be too expensive.3. May not be at the bleeding edge of inbound thinking the Design DNAproblem. The not data-driven problem.Organizational or internal concerns:1. We dont want to delay project by including marketing requirements2. We dont understand emerging (biddable display, social) paid media orthe need for Content Marketing approaches.3. Our work is funded out of the Capital Budget we do not have accessto media budgets (expenses).Common client sales objections.
- firstname.lastname@example.org Main St. #220 Brooklyn, NY 11201+1 718 625 4843
- Appendix specificinbound tactics.
- Audits and traditional / Core web SEO Local / Mobile / GPS / dashboard Search Optimization Social Authority Building Content Marketing Strategy Training & Workflow Optimization CMS SEO Integration Content Production Blogger Outreach and Link Building Biddable Media Promotion Semantic Markup / APIs / Open Graph Implementation Inbound Marketing Project Management servicesApproach: win by building-in the fulltoolkit of search and discoverytactics:
- Core Web keyword research Rankings and keyword strategy On-page recommendations Link recommendations Technical audit SEO Meta data and URLs Redesign mitigation (redirects)1. Current offering - Traditional SEO.
- Keywords andDestination URLsEditorial plan SEM / Paid / SocialLocal teams / franchises CommunicationsBuilding and distribute a masterkeyword list.
- 2. Establish Local / Mobile / GPSsearch strategy. Determine local search keywords and priority Mobile site audit and Mobile site rankings Mobile landing page optimization Take bulk ownership of off-site local pages G+, Yelp, etc. Bulk-optimize local store web pages for local search. Bulk verify and update Name, Address, and Phone numberinformation for business listing and GPS data providers. Publish local offers, content to off-site and local / mobile landingpages. Report on leads, sales, and optimize local / mobile landing pages Build inbound links (SEO Fuel) to local pages via business listingaggregators.
- 3. Build authoritative G+ profiles forkey content creators.Page one on Google for ContentMarketing. Gone in three days dueto lack of links.Screen shot taken 3/8/2013 after clearing cookies and logging out of Google accounts
- Social presence is no longer enough social profile authority is key.
- Create keyword-driven editorial plan: Narrative content Images VideoCreate content promotional plan (media)Work with sub-contractors and vendors on contentproduction and publishing.4. Create the keyword-driven contentmarketing strategy.
- 5. Build out a keyword-driven editorialplan.
- 6. Produce and distribute strategicnarrative content.Image source: SkyWord.com
- Content production articles andimages. Every singe piece ofevergreen contentneeds and image orgraphic Social channels need aconstant stream ofimage-based content.. Create keyword-targeted images andpush through earned,owned, and paidchannels. Report, track, optimize.
- Best handled in-house on client side. Create video production schedule, target