Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Corporate+Health+Coach+Introduction
Working together to create a g ghealthier nation while building your income.
Understanding the big picture
• Physical Functioningdil iPhysical
Component• Bodily Pain• General Health• Bio‐Metrics
Mental/ Emotional Component
• Mental Health• Vitality• Social Functioning
Three Components of
Wellness Component • Social FunctioningWellness
• Financial Health• Legal Protection
• How much is employee risk costing in lost productivity, increased absenteeism, and excess l i t?claims cost?
• If you aren’t measuring it, you can’t manage it!
•health fair environment•health screenings
•state of the art, proprietary tool•employee and spouse included
Health Risk Assessment
•one on one consultation for all HRA participants to discuss next steps•conducted face to
Health Risk Review•health screenings
conducted on‐siteLaunch •quick—only ten
minutes to complete
Assessment •conducted face to face w/ local Health Coach, if available
•one on one coaching for high
•consistent promotion of timely healthMonthly
•discounts on wellness products
Access Tocoaching for high risk individuals ($)•legal/financial resources ($)
Interventiontimely health topics throughout the year•includes on‐site education
Flyers & Newsletters
and services, i.e., cholesterol and glucose testing ($)
Access To Additional Resources
What exactly does a Corporate Health Coach do?
• Corporate Health Coaches assist in creating a healthier nation by working with employees and family members of Grant-participating employers (and others) to achieve aGrant participating employers (and others) to achieve a healthier lifestyle.
• Specifically, Coaches educate and intervene.– Details on www.healthypeople2010grant.org yp p g g
• Leadership opportunities exist for Corporate Health Coaches once you are Certified
• Corporate Health Coaches can also “wear other hats”:– as a Risk Management Consultant who enrolls and
implements employers participating in the Grant– as a Wellness Consultant who helps develop Coaches and
Consultants to work with employers participating in the GrantConsultants to work with employers participating in the Grant• Become more familiar with how to be successful as a
Corporate Health Coach by attending an upcoming Corporate Wellness Symposiump y p
How does a Corporate Health Coach get paid?
1. Compensation for one-on-one coaching and teaching small group classesand teaching small group classes
2. Increased volume of your other services through the valuable and on-goingthrough the valuable and on going exposures created by serving as the Corporate Health Coach
3. Teach Corporate Wellness Symposiums – Generate up to $2,000 a day for educating!
Detailed compensation schedule is on www.healthypeople2010grant.org.www.healthypeople2010grant.org.
• Once you reach the level of Certified Corporate Health C h d tt d t h S i li iblCoach and attend co-teach a Symposium, you are eligible to teach Corporate Wellness Symposiums
• You are paid up to $2,000 per day plus approved travel expenses for teaching a Symposiumexpenses for teaching a Symposium– Specifically, $50 per participant with a target class size of 40
persons • Certified Corporate Health Coaches can teach up to five p p
Symposiums per week– That’s a great income for simply educating about Corporate
Wellness and the GrantPLUSPLUS– Commissions for attendees who come aboard as a Risk
Management Consultant or Corporate Health Coach if you are also a Wellness Consultant
Benefits of becoming a Certified Corporate Health Coach
• Certified Corporate Health Coach :– Attend a SymposiumAttend a Symposium– Pass Certification assessment
• Certified Corporate Health Coach benefits:p– Eligible to teach Corporate Wellness
Symposiums• Once you have co-taught one and get sign off byOnce you have co taught one and get sign off by
your co-instructor– Become eligible to qualify for Certified
Corporate Health Coach-only perks to beCorporate Health Coach only perks to be announced soon such as car allowance, laptop, company-paid trips, and health insurance
What is a Community-Based Initiative and why should I participate?
• We have grant funding to start 100 CBIs per year for the next several years
The purpose of which is to be a catalyst to reach the Healthy– The purpose of which is to be a catalyst to reach the Healthy People goals:
• 75% of employers to have an active and outcomes-oriented health promotion program in place
• 75% of employees at said employers actively participating• 75% of employees at said employers actively participating• CBIs are the most effective and efficient method for
developing numerous employer relationships resulting in the:– Most significant impact on improving the health of the
community– Most significant way to generate the most financial rewards
for your participationfor your participation• While Corporate Health Coaches are not limited to only
working with employers in a given CBI, participation in a CBI is a preferred methodology for business developmentp gy p
• How do I decide if I want to form a new CBI or plug into an existing one?g– First, visit with corporate about the current status of
CBIs in your community– Second, determine if you would rather be a facilitator of , y
a CBI or just a participant• Role of the CBI Facilitator
– Typically a combo RMC/Wellness Consultantyp y– Facilitates the creation and oversight of the local
Advisory Board– A very visible, empowering role– Expect to dedicate an average of an hour or two per
week to the CBI Facilitator role• More information about CBIs on the Grant’s website:
• Simply stated, how does a CBI unfold?– A defined geographic area is “chartered” (formed and grant-g g p ( g
funded)• Requires a designated facilitator
– Advisory Board created• 9 persons with about half local Coaches and Consultants and other• 9 persons with about half local Coaches and Consultants and other
half key stakeholders– Symposium and initial Advisory Board meeting held
• Symposium is effective in both educating Consultants and Coaches as well as serving as an opportunity for others interested in the fieldas well as serving as an opportunity for others interested in the field of corporate wellness to learn more
– Employers are surveyed (and again annually)– RMCs meet with survey participants to conduct a “gap
l i ” t l i diff b t t ianalysis” to explain difference between current programming and what is needed to earn the “Healthy Workplace” designation
• As ~90% of the time the grant will fund the programming needed to l th RMC i l d t d lt tclose the gap, RMC simply serves as an educator and consultant—
not a sales person as no cost to the employer to participate• ~50% of the employers will get involved after the gap analysis
Still not convinced?
• Conference calls are held four days aConference calls are held four days a week to help you understand roles/benefits and answer your questionsroles/benefits and answer your questions– Details on www.healthypeople2010grant.org
Review information on the website• Review information on the website• Join us for a Symposium
– List of cities/dates is on the website
Let’s Give It A Try
1. Enroll in the Corporate Health Coach Program on www healthypeople2010grant orgon www.healthypeople2010grant.org
2. We’ll quickly get you your Corporate Health Coach Program Orientation Kit
3. Next, we’ll create a 90 day plan so you can hit the ground running and generate income within daysy
Questions?F ll ith th W ll C lt t hFollow up with the Wellness Consultant who invited you to review this information or call us @ 800-429-4556.