Cloud Model for SMB
Embed Size (px)
SaaS is powerful and flexible cloud model with lots of applications available to get solution for any business computing problems. It is more profitable in terms of technical and financial ways.
Transcript of Cloud Model for SMB
- Cloud Model for SMBs
- Cloud Introduction The idea of making centralized computing system has been around since mainframes era and companies began connecting their offices through WAN (wide-area-networks) links, which are provided by TELCOs. TELCOs represented their networks system as a cloud in WAN diagrams. Cloud premise starts with that, software architecture and the data services should be on servers, which can be accessible if you have the right kind of browser and the right kind of access permission, it doesnt matter whether you have a mobile phone, a PC, a Mac, a BlackBerry or any other device.
- The Cloud evolved The centralized systems have servers which are physical computer with multiple CPUs, a lot of RAM, disk drives configured with RAID, redundant network cards and power supplies. As technology improved, CPUs become more powerful and RAM become economical, server become powerful too. But the requirement may still be the same, leading to tremendous waste of potential computing power. Cloud Adoptions Factors: 1. Virtualizations 2. Faster connectivity
- Virtualization IT leaders like VMware looked back at the mainframe days, when multiple workloads run on a single server, and developed what is called as hypervisor, that create an era of virtualization. Hypervisor transforms physical servers to run numerous virtual servers, that has the ability scale one physical servers into 10 virtual servers and 100 physical servers into 1000 virtual servers. Most importantly there is a complete utilization of CPUs and RAM. IT leaders such as VMware and Microsoft designed software that automate the deployment of virtual servers with virtualization technology making it easy to manage resources like CPUs, RAM and disk space as required. The ability of scaling the computing resources with virtualization and flexibility to manage resources generates great opportunities to build powerful services for SMBs requirements of computing powers.
- Faster connectivity After advancement in RAM and CPUs, internet connectivity to servers within the workplaces has also become faster with technology improvements. Companies now build virtualized datacenters and offer services to the employee through high speed connectivity.
- What Services SMBs can Get From Cloud Environment SMBs mostly having small group of people that require computing power with different prospective. Here is an overview of cloud model that can give answers of SMBs questions. Cloud Models: 1. SaaS (Software as a services) 2. IaaS (Infrastructure as a services) 3. PaaS (Platform as a Service)
- SaaS (Software as a services) The Application Software that can be hosted on the remote servers and access through web portal at any device remotely. Some Softwares used by SMBs include Office 365, CRM software, different applications used in mobile phones.
- IaaS (Infrastructure as a services) Some Applications and computing power require self development of software so that deployment of complete IT infrastructure is not needed now. Big companies that built flexible virtual infrastructure offers services to SMBs. Some Vendors include RackSpace and Microsoft Azure.
- PaaS (Platform as a Service) Some vendors provide built-in platforms instead of renting a full virtualized servers. PaaS providers such as Microsoft, Google, Amazon can build websites, applications and other services. Some examples include AWS, Microsoft Azure and Google App Engine.
- Most Adopted Cloud Model by SMBs: Software as a Services (SaaS) The Cloud computing is more flexible and reliable environment which gives SMBs access to enterprise level applications and services. SaaS cloud model where an application, like word processing or CRM software, is installed on datacenters (servers) and managed by knowledgeable and experienced IT specialists. Some well known SaaS applications and services are : Customer service Desk.com, ZenDesk Collection Suites/Office- MS Office 365, Google Apps, Zoho Office Project Management- Zoho projects, Planzone, GroupCamp CRM- Microsoft Dynamics CRM, Zoho CRM, SugerCRM, Salesforce Accounting- Intuit QuickBooks Online, Xero, FreshBook, Kashoo Social Networks- Linkedin, Twitter, Facebook, Google+
- Why Use SaaS Products Not As In- House Products? Technical Advantage No need to think about installation, maintenance and product upgrade. But in-house products needs to be taken care of. Products support maintained by SaaS providers. Anywhere access with any devices provided you have Internet connection. More robust security measures than SMB IT staff. Multiple datacenters to provide reliability, redundancy and disaster recovery capability.
- Why Use SaaS Products Not As In- House Products? Financial Advantage SaaS products are generally priced per user per month. This indicates that initial expenditure is much less than deploying products in-house. Due to month-to-month payment, you can cancel the contact if you feel current product no longer works for you. Product maintenance and support cost is included with monthly rent. Anywhere any device access, which means save time and better support to customer with cost saving. Free Products upgrades.
- Conclusion Cloud adoption is increasing exponentially and is widely used among SMBs. SaaS is powerful and flexible cloud model with lots of applications available to get solution for any business computing problems. It is more profitable in terms of technical and financial ways.
- About Ace Cloud Hosting Ace Cloud Hosting powered by Real Time Cloud Services (RTCS), is an Authorized commercial QuickBooks Hosting provider to CPAs, SMBs, Bookkeepers and ranks amongst the leading QuickBooks hosting providers.
- LIKE THIS DECK? GET IN TOUCH! Follow us for more Great Content Also Check Out Some of Other Slideshares