Classrooms and education
Embed Size (px)
http://bit.ly/n7KhJO What is the worst way to integrate technology in the classroom? Create a presentation with static content, turn on your video projector, dim the lights and …your kiddies will go straight into a coma. Instead use a tablet PC or graphics tablet - no extra work and really effective.
Transcript of Classrooms and education
- 1. Classrooms and Education: Video Projectors and Dynamic Presentation Linda Fahlberg-Stojanovska Univ. St. Clement of Ohrid Bitola, Macedonia
- 2. Classrooms and Education: Video Projectors and Dynamic Presentation 3-page handout is available
- 3. Static Content PresentationWhat is the worst way to integrate technology in the classroom? Create a presentation with static content Turn on your video projector Dim the lights and Your kiddies will go straight into a coma Particularly in mathematics
- 4. Video Projectors and Dynamic ContentIn this webinar we will look at two technologies I use every day in my mathematics classroom. However, these technologies work regardless Of the curriculum (program, subject) and Of the test (assessment method). 1. Writing in real-time and in color 2. Publishing the classes on the web
- 5. Video Projectors and Dynamic Content 1. Writing in real-time and in color Graphics Tablet 8" x 6" 20 cm x 15 cm writing surface ~60 Euro Tablet is wired (USB). The pen is wireless (AAA battery).
- 6. Video Projectors and Dynamic Content Writing in real-time and in color How do I work in class? I write as if I am at a blackboard using annotation software for writing. I open materials and use screen capture software to copy and paste problems for solving. I open subject-related freeware (such as GeoGebra) and do on-the-fly constructions to illustrate the process, algebraically and visually solve or even just to check solutions.
- 7. Video Projectors and Dynamic Content Publishing my classes on the web When I am done with class I simply print the annotation file to a pdf file. link to it via a ready-to-use link page. upload both to my website.
- 8. Video Projectors and Dynamic Content Writing in real-time and in color Annotation software Microsoft Research InkSeine - freeware http://research.microsoft.com/en- us/um/redmond/projects/inkseine/install.html Microsoft Office OneNote Smart Notebook Software (with SmartTech products, e.g. SmartBoard)
- 9. Video Projectors and Dynamic Content Writing in real-time and in color Screen capture software JING: freeware (does screencasts too) http://www.techsmith.com/jing/ SnagIt http://www.techsmith.com/ (comes bundled with Camtasia Studio in an Academic License for