City as a commons: a new way to do public policy
Embed Size (px)
In the collaborative economy and ICT era there is a new way to do public policy starting from existing prototypes in order to develop city as common. Through the recently implemented local regulation about collaborative governance regarding urban commons, I can share my insights about the process and the next challenges and a question: Can Bologna be a model? Is it a scalable and replicable approach?
Transcript of City as a commons: a new way to do public policy
- a new approach in public policy can Bologna be a model? cities as commons Michele dAlena @micheledAlena http://comune.bologna.it/ OUISHARE festival | Paris | 5-7 may
- Through the recently implemented local regulation about collaborative governance regarding urban commons, I can share my insights about the process and the next challenges can we define a process to develop cities as commons?
- how can we improve a collaborative process in order to facilitate the cooperation among citizens and between citizens and policymakers??
- in collaborative economy and ICT era, . we can reinvent public policy starting from existing prototypes Can Bologna be a model?
- Public administrations shall no longer govern only on behalf of citizens, but also with citizens, a great source of energy, talents, resources, capabilities and ideas: every city has a lot of existing prototypes is it a scalable and replicable approach?
- We are very well-known for our cooperative movements and ICT revolution helped the launch of many new initiatives, developing new and unexpected examples of active and collaborative projects. 1. the asset of the city
- At the same time, the perception of trust in government is at its lower point ever. So, the question is: how can we design a collaborative city that enables the collaboration between citizens and between citizens and policy makers starting from existing projects?
- 2. Mapping Innovation happens outside the institutional frame. We have to be open to gather the existing creativity and speak with the open communities: the goal of a policy-maker is not only to map, but also to recognize them and give legitimization.
- an empirical approach on the basis of the lessons learned, the tests and analysis on the current regulation and processes, we can understand how to change our working approach. I
- 3. new regulation
- Everything will be managed by a staff built like a gate between burocratic approach and active citizens. Bologna municipality has fixed this regulations based on the lessons learned on the ground. This regolation aims to make easier all the active citizens activities with clear indications and createting a central staff to manage all the collaborative needs. http://www.labgov.it/cities-as-commons-the-italian-constitution-find-application-in-bologna/
- 4. Peer-to-peer platform We want to accelerate relations between changemakers
- #Angel4Bologna we will find and animate a brand new community of innovators called angels, disrupting the traditional way to do education engaging 4 kinds of people: entrepreneurs, educators, hackers and community managers. Its a peer to peer project to animate schools with informal education
- It is more than a traditional logo, its an open source brand. It works like an alphabet because the logo changes everytime you type a different words. Each sign is designed starting from typical symbols of the City of Bologna: with this signs everybody can craft an individual concept, telling the various souls of the city. Bologna new brand http://ebologna.it/
- Un passo per San Luca Civic crowdfunding project to save an historical symbol of Bologna, San Luca Porticoes, in collaboration with a local startup. http://www.unpassopersanluca.it/
- Our dream is to give the possibility to connect resources and goals to collaborate for a better city. Public administration must become a platform (gov as a platform) with less protagonism, helping people empowering their projects through collaboration.
- Imagine a public web platform designed to connect and share goals, resources and problems with other thousands of persons, with bridging and bonding activities: this will be our next civic net.
- The administration should keep its role of social values gateway and driver . When it comes to action, we have to facilitate the ones who are making a better city, for a more participated and efficient city.
- organize community meetups horizontal and operative storytelling and accountability processes are social fix citizens trust give people opportunities to define and solve problems by themselves don't wait involve all community institutions explore and create other approaches open innovation different tools on and off line public deadlines extensive training clear indicators open data Some tricks and tips?
- grazie! Michele dAlena @micheledAlena