Chandan ppt for ph.d (2)
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Chandan ppt for ph.d (2)
- DESIGN OF MICROSTRIP PATCH ANTENNA FOR WLAN APPLICATIONS Presented By: CHANDAN Under The Supervision Of Dr. B.S.Rai Electronics and Communication Engineering Department M.M.M. Engineering College, Gorakhpur, UP
- Structure of Presentation 1. Literature survey & Previous Research 2. Research Objectives 3. Introduction 4. Research Methodology 5. Software Tools to be used 6. Design Challenges 7. Publications 8. References
- Literature survey & Previous Research 1. R.Jothi chitra, B.Ramesh karthik, Double L Slot Microstrip Patch Antenna Array for WiMax and WLAN cover the 5.15-5.35GHz WLAN band and 3.4-3.69GHz WiMAX band. 2. Mamta Devi Sharma, Abhishek Katariya, Dr.R.S.Meena, E Shaped Microstrip Patch Antenna for WLAN Application Using Probe Feed and Aperture Feed, it provide bandwidth of 16.4% with 6 dB gain. 3. W.Afzal, U.Rafque,M.M.Ahmed, A Tri-Band H- Shaped Microstrip Patch Antenna for DCS and WLAN Application, have operate frequency 1.8GHz, 2.45GHz and 5.2 GHz with bandwidth of 2.5%, 4%and 16%. 4. Bharath Kelothu, K.R.Subhashini and G.LalithaManohar ,A Compact High-Gain Microstrip Patch Antenna for Dual Band WLAN Applications. operating frequency of 5.18GHz is equal to -35.57dB and of 5.8GHz is equal to -32.46 dB. 5. Saou- Wen Su, High-Gain Dual Loop Antennas for MIMO Access Points in the 2.4/5.2/5.8GHz Band, IEEE Transaction Antenna and Propagation, Vol.-58 No.-7, pp. 2412-2429, 2010.
- Literature survey & Previous Research 6. J.A.Ansari, Anurag Mishra, N.P.Yadav, Analysis of Pair of L-Shaped Slot Loaded Patch Antenna for WLAN Application, the antenna resonate at two frequencies 2.45 and 5.125GHz whereas bandwidth the bandwidth is 4.13% for lower and 8.82% for higher. 7. Constantine A. Balanis, Antenna Theory Analysis And Design Third edition, John Wiley Publication. 8. Research of B.K. Ang and B. K. Chang shows that the bandwidth of the E shaped antenna can be easily tuned by trimming the length of the antenna. Their research also shows the reflection coefficient is below -10dB from 5.05GHz to 5.88 GHz by using low dielectric substrate. 9. Md. Tariqul Islam, Norbahial Misran proposed the antenna with inverted structure along with air gap to increase the bandwidth of the antenna. In it L shaped probe has been used which shows the 22% bandwidth. 10. S. Srivatava, B. R. Vishvakarma and J. A. Ansari presented analytical model for Ge tunnel diode integrated rectangular patch antenna which exhibits frequency tunability with the bias voltage
- Research Objective 1. To study of Microstrip patch antenna 2. To study the different parameter which effect in Microstrip patch antenna 3. To study the different possible technique used Microstrip patch antenna 4. To design of Microstrip patch antenna for WLAN applications
- Introduction Microstrip Patch Antenna Microstrip antennas become very popular in 1970s. Microstrip antennas are used in a moving device such that mobile, aircraft, satellite, missile. Microstrip antennas are attractive due to their light weight, low profile and low cost. Square, rectangular and circular are the most common shape for microstrip patch antenna.
- Introduction Microstrip Patch Antenna
- Advantages Light weight Small size Low profile Low fabrication cost Easy to installation Introduction
- Disadvantages Low efficiency Poor polarization Narrow bandwidth Poor scan performance Low Gain Low power handling capacity Introduction
- Applications Mobile satellite communication Military Aircraft Rockets and satellite Medical Introduction
- Methodology Literature Survey Expertise IE3D Simulation Software for Design Patch Antenna Study the Parameter of Patch Antenna Apply Possible Feeding Technique Design Patch Antenna Testing of Patch Antenna Use for Application Purpose Thesis Writing
- IE3D BASICS Since there are various softwares for the designing of the patch antenna such as HFSS, Sonnet Software, IE3D Simulation Software etc. but we are using IE3D simulation software as a platform for the designing of the antenna IE3D - A simulation software (version 15.20) Developed by Mentor Graphics formally known as Zeland Software Used to design and verify antenna, MMIC, RFID, RFIC, IC packaging, and other high-frequency design structures.
- Feeding Techniques Microstrip line Coaxial probe feed Aperture coupling Proximity coupling
- Result Viewing We can view various results after the simulation task is completed. Some of them are listed below: Voltage Standing Wave Ratio (VSWR) Gain vs. Frequency Graph Return Loss Directivity Current Distribution
- Our Aim Our aim is to Design of Microstrip Patch Antenna for WLAN Applications. To achieve this we are: Going Through Previous Researches Analyzing previous results Comparing those results to get optimized method for designing the antenna. These results of previous researches shows various methods and gives various ideas for the enhancement of the gain and bandwidth of the antenna.
- Microstrip Patch Antenna Design Challenges Many methods have been used to increasing the bandwidth of Microstrip antenna. Such as: By changing the shape of Antenna By changing the Feeding Techniques By changing dielectric constant By using antenna array
- Publications 1. Chandan, R.K.Prasad, D.K. Srivastava, Design, Development and Analysis of E- Shaped Slotted Rectangular Microstrip Patch Antenna, Global Journal of Computer Application and Technology Vol. 2 (2), pp. 1054-1056, 2012. 2. Chandan, R.K.Prasad, D.K. Srivastava, Edge Cutting in E Shape Rectangular Microstrip Patch Antenna, et al, VSRD International Journal of Electrical, Electronics & Communication Engineering, Vol.2 (7), pp. 469-478, ISSN no. 2231-3346, 2012. 3. Chandan, R.K.Prasad, G.S.Tripati, Improved Bandwidth of C- Shaped Microstrip Patch Antenna, International Journal of Electronics Communication and Computer Technology- 2012, All India National Seminar Recent Technique of Future of Information Technology in H.B.T.I. Kanpur. 4. Chandan, R.K.Prasad, D.K. Srivastava, Design and Development of E- Shaped Slotted Rectangular Microstrip Patch Antenna, ACCES-2012 MMMEC Gorakhpur, pp. 136-138, ISBN 978-93-82062-19-6. 5. Munna Singh Kushwaha, Chandan, R.K.Prasad, Improved Bandwidth of E- Shaped Microstrip Patch Antenna, TRIEECON 2012 SAIT Indore, pp. 3, 2012. 6. Paritosh Kumar, Chandan, R.K.Prasad, Improved Bandwidth Using Microstrip Feedline of Microstrip Patch Antenna, TRIEECON 2012 SAIT Indore, pp. 5, 2102. 7. Munna Singh Kushwaha, Chandan, R.K.Prasad, Bandwidth Enhancement by Notch Cutting of Microstrip Patch Antenna, VSRD International Journal of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, ISSN 2231-3346, Vol. 3, No.1, PP. 31-34, January 2013.
- Publications 8. Paritosh Kumar, Chandan, R.K.Prasad, Bandwidth Improvement of Rectangular Microstrip Patch Antenna by Varying Substrate Thickness, VSRD International Journal of Electrical & Electronics Engineering, ISSN 2231-3346, Vol. 3, No.1, PP. 28-32, January 2013. 9. Chandan, R.K.Prasad, G.S.Tripathi, B.S.Rai, Wide Band Microstrip Patch Antenna for Wireless Application, ITR International Conference on Advanced Computer Science and Information Technology (ICACSIT) Delhi, DELACSIT-172-136, PP.No.15-17, 2013. 10. Chandan, R.K.Prasad, B.S.Rai, Improve Bandwidth of S Shaped Microstrip Patch Antenna, submit, International Journal of Emerging Trends in Engineering and Development (IJETED), ISSN 2249-6149, Vol.1, pp.641-646, January 2013. 11. Paritosh Kumar, Chandan, R.K.Prasad, Design of U Shaped Microstrip Patch Antenna For Dual Band Frequency Application,World Conference in Advances in Communication and Control system (CACCS) , ISSN 1951-6851, pp 249-251, April 2013. 12. Munna Singh Kushwaha, Chandan, R.K.Prasad, Improvement of Bandwidth of Microstrip Patch Antenna By Multiple Notches, World Conference in Advances in Communication and Control system (CACCS), ISSN 1951-6851, pp 245-248, April 2013. 13. Chandan, R.K.Prasad, D.K. Srivastava, J.P Saini Enhanced Bandwidth of Patch Antenna Using C Shape By Different Substrate Thickness, Communicated DIT Word Conference 2013.
- References 1. R.Jothi chitra, B.Ramesh karthik, Doulble L Slot Microstrip Patch Antenna Array for WiMax and WLAN , IEEE International Conference on Communication and Signal Processing, pp.137-140, 2012. 2. Mamta Devi Sharma, Abhishek Katariya, Dr.R.S.Meena,E Shaped Microstrip Patch Antenna for WLAN Application Using Probe Feed and Aperture Feed, IEEE International Conference on Communication System and Network Technologies, pp.66-70, 2012. 3. W.Afzal, U.Rafque,M.M.Ahmed, A Tri-Band H- Shaped Microstrip Patch Antenna for DCS and WLAN Application, IEEE 19TH International Conference on Microwave, Radar and Wireless Communication, PP.256-258, 2012. 4. Nani Daniati,