Challenges of HRM...MEJO K GEORGE
Embed Size (px)
Challenges of HRM.
Transcript of Challenges of HRM...MEJO K GEORGE
- . . CHALLENGES OF HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT .Prepared by, MEJO K GEORGE MATHEW IVAN MOHITH MANOHARAN LINTO THOMAS MOH.AJMAL SHAH
- 6/26/2014 External and internal factors influencing the HR External factors Internal factors V Technological factors Globalization v Mission v Economic challenges v Policies v Political factors v Organisational culture v Social factors v Organisation structure v Local and Governmental issues v HR systems v Unions v Employers demands v Workforce diversity
- 1).Globalization The following challenges are being faced by HR managers in terms of globalization:- Anything, anywhere, anytime markets Managing diversity of workforce. Managing pressures for more labor rights in other countries. Managing outsourcing of employees.
- Globalization.cont.. More part-time and temporary work Managing productivity and Quality Adjusting compensation plans for overseas work Coping with flexible working hours Developing foreign culture and work practice training programs
- 6/26/2014 2).Technological Challenges And HRM Technology includes tools, machinery, equipment, work procedures and employee knowledge and skills. The impact of technology on HR can be profound, as the following things clearly reveal: v New skills, knowledge, experience and expertise required to gain the edge over rivals. v Collaborate and achieve teamwork v Relocate work from the office to the home v Internet and intranet revolution
- 2).Technological Challenges Technology can create additional stress for workers. Increased job demands constant change constant e-mailing and texting, and Technology in the workplace leads to stress issues, as well as safety issues such as carpal tunnel .
- 6/26/2014 3).MANAGING WORKFORCE DIVERSITY The workforce is becoming increasingly diverse now and organizations are doing their best to address employees. The diversity issues, mainly, include the following: vComposition In terms of age, caste, education, culture, region, religion v Minority groups, Economically backward groups v Displaced persons v Contract labour v Women employees
- 6/26/2014 4).Economic, Political And Social Challenges And HR Economic factor Global competition is making every firm to think in terms of gaining an edge over rivals by producing high quality goods at a very competitive price.
- 6/26/2014 4).Economic .count Political factors v Political stability v Formation of new political parties v Influence of politicians over Productivity linked wage agreements v Opposition to VRS schemes, downsizing operations, restructuring exercises. v Freedom to show the door to unwanted people Social factors v Conducting business in a socially relevant and responsible way. v Hire qualified people or hire inexperienced local people and train them to avoid trouble? v Helping economically poor people, unemployed, underprivileged onesetc.
- 6/26/2014 Local and government-related factors v Meet legislative requirements v Offering jobs to certain sections of local community Trade unions v Demands for higher wages, better working conditions, incentives, benefits, services
- 5)Training and Development With the need to cut training costs, training itself often suffers. Yet the skills an employee needs must still be taught. Many companies are meeting this challenge by providing E-Learning opportunities that allow employees to receive the training they need without the expenses associated with travel, on-site trainers, hours away from their jobs and high-priced materials.
- 6)Compensation and Benefits The key is to present mandatory changes in such a way that employees can accept, if not necessarily agree with them while providing non-monetary morale boosting incentives whenever possible to make the changes less traumatic.
- Salary comparison graph Daily earnings
- Employees have the responsibility for their parents and for the organization (how they balance?) Managing work life and personal life of employees is challenging task for the HRD Challenge on time management (flexibility)
- WFPMA- Top 10 HRM Challenges In the Survey of Global HR Challenges: Yesterday, Today and Tomorrow, conducted by PricewaterhouseCoopers on behalf of the World Federation of Personnel Management Associations (WFPMA), several challenges for human resource management were revealed. This survey, which concluded that "despite national and regional differences, there was remarkable unanimity," disclosed the following top 10 human resource management challenges:
- WFPMA Cont.. Challenges % of Companies 1. Change management 48% 2. Leadership development 35% 3. HR effectiveness measurement 27% 4. Organizational effectiveness 25% 5. Compensation 24% 6. Staffing: Recruitment and availability of skilled local labor 24% 7. Succession planning 20% 8. Learning and development 19% 9. Staffing: Retention 16% 10. Benefits costs: Health & welfare 13%
- . THANK YOU ALL!