Caffe Latte quilt instructions - Rose Decoration .2016-11-11 · Title: Microsoft Word - Caffe Latte
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of Caffe Latte quilt instructions - Rose Decoration .2016-11-11 · Title: Microsoft Word - Caffe Latte
Approximately 45 x 63
Quilt designed by Donna Russell
SPX style # 4499 Caffe Latte fabric collection.
Please read through all of the instructions
before you begin your project.
Fabric Requirements: A. Pattern #25105-Bro1...1 panel B. Pattern #25107-Mul1..3/4 yard C. Pattern #25108-Bro1..1/4 yard D. Pattern #25109-Mul1..3/4 yard E. Pattern #25111-Mul1..1/2 yard F. Pattern #25112-Bro1.........1/2 yard G. Pattern #25113-Bro1 .5/8 yard H. Pattern #25155-Bro1..3/8 yard I. Pattern #25155-DkBro1..1/4 yard J. Pattern #25155-Tea1..3/8 yard K. Pattern #25108-Cre1 (backing).....3 yards Batting........1 piece 52 x 70 Cutting Instructions: Please read all instructions carefully before beginning. All seams are a scant which is included in all measurements unless otherwise stated. Cut pieces in order listed. Label all pieces. Refer to all illustrations and the quilt image for proper cutting and assembly. * wof = width of fabric, lof =length of fabric. It is strongly recommended to heavily starch all pieces making any bias cuts. Fabric A Caffe Latte Panel (25105-Bro1)
1. Fussy cut panel to 20 1/2" x 38 1/2". Label: A.
Fabric B Circles & Cups (25107-Mul1) 1. Cut (2) 4 1/2" x 38 and label: B. 2. Cut (2) 4 1/2 x 20 1/2" and label: D.
Fabric C Cups & Words (25108-Bro1) 1. Cut (4) 4 1/2" x 4 1/2" squares and label: C.
Fabric D Coffee Words (25109-Mul1) 1. Cut (2) 2 1/2" x 34 1/2" and label H. 2. Cut (4) 2 1/2" x lof and label: G.
Fabric E - Circles (25111-Mul1) 1. Cut (3) 2 1/2" x wof and label: L. 2. Cut (2) 2 1/2" x 36 1/2" and label: N.
Fabric F Coffee Stripe (25112-Bro1) 1. Cut (3) 2 1/2" x wof and label: K. 2. Cut (2) 2 1/2" x 36 1/2" and label: M.
Fabric G Coffee Beans (25113-Bro1) 1. Cut (6) 3 x wof and set aside for the
binding. Fabric H Texture, brown (25155-Bro1)
1. Cut (3) 1 1/2 x wof and label: I. 2. Cut (2) 1 1/2 x 36 1/2" and label J.
Fabric I Texture, dark brown (25155-DKBro1) 1. Cut (4) 4 1/2" x 4 1/2 squares and label: O.
Fabric J - Texture, teal (25155-Tea1) 1. Cut (3) 1 1/2" x wof and label: E. 2. Cut (2) 1 1/2" x 30 1/2" and label: F.
Fabric K Cups & Words, cream (25108-Cre1) 1. Cut (1) 42 x 72 & cut (2) 11 1/2 x 35 1/4.
Piecing Instructions: *Please refer to the quilt image to accurately arrange the pieces for each block. Because of the directionality of the fabric, it is necessary to carefully check the orientation of each piece before sewing in place.
1. Sew one B to each side edge of A (center panel).
2. Sew one C to each end of both of the D strips.
3. Sew one of the units made in step 2 to the top edge of the quilt top and the other to the bottom edge.
4. Sew one E to each side edge of the quilt. 5. Sew one F to the top edge of the quilt and
the other to the bottom edge. 6. Sew one G to the end another G, to form
a longer strip. Repeat with the remaining two G pieces. Cut these strips to 48 1/2" x 2 1/2". Sew one of these strips to each side edge of the quilt.
7. Sew one H to the top edge of the quilt top and one to the bottom edge of the quilt.
8. Sew the (3) I pieces together to form one long strip. Cut this strip into (2) pieces, each measuring 1 1/2" x 52 1/2 in length. Sew one of these strips to each side edge of the quilt top.
9. Sew one J to the top edge of the quilt top and one to the bottom edge.
10. Sew one K to one L piece along the long side. Repeat. Sew one of these strips to each side edge of the quilt making sure that the stripe is facing towards the inside and the circles are facing to the outside.
11. Sew one M to one N piece. Repeat. 12. Sew one O piece to each end of each of
the units made in step 11. 13. Sew one of the units made in step 12 to the
top edge of the quilt top and the other to the bottom edge. .
Backing: 1. Sew the (2) 11 1/2 x 35 1/4 backing
pieces end to end to form one long piece that measures 11 1/2 x 70.
2. Sew the strip from step 1 to the long side of the remaining backing piece to form a large piece that measures 53" x 70.
SPX style # 4499 Caffe Latte fabric collection.
Finishing: 1. Layer the quilt top with the batting and
backing and quilt as desired. 2. Trim the backing and batting to 1/4" past
the quilt top. 3. Sew the binding strips end to end with a
diagonal seam to form one long strip. 4. Press the strip in half, lengthwise, wrong
5. Match the raw edges of the binding with the edge of the batting (not the quilt top); and sew with a 1/2" seam allowance, mitering the corners.
6. Turn the binding to the back and stitch in place.
Enjoy your quilt!
*Disclaimer: Please note that the instructions for this quilt are written for the specified fabric line from SPX Fabrics. If substitutions of fabric other than those stated in the instructions are used, the pattern may not yield the desired results, and the actual yardages may vary.