BMW ERP base
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of BMW ERP base
- 1. Presented by:- Hemal Patel. BMW
- Company history
- Primary Goal
3. Company history
- BMW is preparing to enter another era called post-just-in-time manufacturing. The idea driving this new era is a new focus on the importance of suppliers of BMW.
- Bavarian Motor Worksis a German automobile, motorcycle and engine manufacturing company founded in 1916.
- Founder of the BMW is Franz Josef Popp.
- BMW history
- Launch new models
- and series
- Aggressive pricing
- DOS reorganization
- Substantially positioned
- as a Luxury brand
1970s Hottest luxury brand 1968 1986 2000 1992
- Paradigm Shift
- Conspicuous consumption
- New pragmatism
- Competition from Japan
200.0 100.0 1960s Niche foreign car 5. Cont
- It also owns and produces theMinimarque, and is the parent company ofRolls-Royce Motor Cars.
- BMW produces motorcycles underBMW MotorradandHusqvarnabrands.
- A competitive automobile firm that bases their image off quality and customer satisfaction isBMW .
6. Primary Goal
- The companys ultimate goal is to continue increasing volume of U.S. sales to 300,000 cars sold per year.
- Sold its brand among its target audience who they identify in the case as people who tended to be leaders, who worked hard, played hard, and achieved a lot very early in life.
- The company requires flexibility and speed, business integration and automation of the processes.
- BMW plants in Germany are supported by mainframe-based information systems that are connected through interfaces to a variety of different systems and applications. The results are high maintenance costs and complicated systems integration.
- The amount of time and money that the company spends on system maintenance in Germany is very high, and the goal at the new plant was to keep the IT costs as low as possible.
- The company also wanted an integrated information system, to speed the flow of information across the enterprise.
- It wanted to enter data only once, and then have it automatically sent to all the functional areas that require the information financial systems, parts ordering.
- BMW use SAP R/3 which is the best standard software solution in the industry for their problem solution.
- BMW Manufacturing, first, created a process model of its operation to derive the selection criteria for a commercial application suite that would meet its information system needs.
- BMWs requirements for the software included international scope, latest IT architecture and technology, complete integration without interfaces and configurable Bill of Materials.
- BMW implemented the basic system rapidly. . It runs R/3 on Hewlett-Packard Model 179 business servers supported by a 30-gigabyte database.
- Some 600 PCs are attached to the network as clients, with 100 users running concurrent sessions at any given time.
- The company is using HP Open View system and network software to manage the distributed client/server installation.
- The BMW strategy is to be lean and reduce costs. With a well-integrated system and with all the information on-line, the company dont need an army of people to reconcile problemsits all done automatically.
- Cost and time reduction in software development. SAP 3 was 50% cheaper as compared to the custom-made software that the company was planning, to use and was implemented in only four months.
- Integrated Manufacturing:- Automatic production planning and materials management.
- Automatic Invoicing:- When a car is completed and shipped, invoicing is automatically generated for remittance to Germany
- Integrated Requisitioning:- Automation of the purchasing function
- Flexible Reporting and Analysis:- Supports both standard and BMW- specific reports.
- Better Decision-making:- Availability of on-line information and the analysis tools help in better decision-making.
16. R/3 Modules
- R/3 Modules Financials (Fl)
- Materials Management (MM)
- Production Planning (PP)
- Quality Management (QM)
- Plant Maintenance and Service Management (PM)
- BMW added safety feature that makes it tough to accidently open the doors while underway.
- Electronic stabilitycontrol , antilock breaker , roll stabilityare few features in 2012 BMW models.
- to determine the vehicle's location , the technology combines an integrated wireless phone for comm. And a GPS satellite receiver.
- BMW is planning to bring LASER technology in its automobiles which is touched as a next logical step in its bid to make its cars Hi-tech.
- This LASER is better than LED because LED produce 100 lumens light than LASER light is 170 lumens Bright.
19. Thank you.