B2B Facebook Strategy Masterclass - B2B Marketing Expo
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of B2B Facebook Strategy Masterclass - B2B Marketing Expo
B2B Facebook StrategyPresentation for
Commercial Integrity Responsive
Invest in tools, technology and
Our campaigns deliver leads,
sales and profit
Ethical, transparent and honest business
Flexible, friendly and quick to
respond to your needs
Develop long term partnerships to
become an extension of your
Formed in 2007, we work with a plethora of household names and independent brands. Being Google Partners and Analytics Qualified means we employ only the most professional of techniques to help businesses realise the potential of search
marketing. Our services include Paid Search, Organic Search, On and Off Page Content, Digital and Traditional PR, Social Media and ecommerce consultancy.
POEM – Paid Owned Earned Media
Our ServicesGenerating Leads, Sales and Profit
Educating Your Team
Building Your Brand
Digital and Search Marketing (Paid advertising, SEO, PPC,
Marketing training (and qualifications) for business
Owned and Earned media (SEO, Content, PR, Social,
Technical consultancy in web, Analytics, conversions
Examples of the brands we work with:
Overview of digital marketing channels
Search marketing(PPC, SEO,
Traffic to your site from other sources
(email, affiliates, display ads, social,
mobile ads, PR, 3rd party sites, shopping comparison, voucher
Shopping platforms and market places
Other off-site sales/leads
(Social commerce, Mobile Apps, daily deals sites)
On-Site Sales/Lead generation
Off-Site Sales/Lead generation
Your brands website, social profile, app or shopping content
Shopping / Marketplace
Other websites, media or
Paid Owned Earned
Web/technical SEO Analytics / CRO Text SocialConte
Shop Search Social
Display Search Social Social PR
2015 vs 2014 UK digital advertising spend
Facebook for Businesses
Current Landscape • Facebook has 40.7 million unique visitors
in the UK, which is 86% of the total digital population
• 59% of Facebook users login in twice a day with 20% of adults checking in more than 10 times.
• The average Facebook user then consumes 12 pieces of content per session
• 84% of B2B marketers use Facebook to distribute content
• 65% of B2B marketers say Facebook generate leads (Recent study by The Drum http://bit.ly/25Ir7kZ)
Why should you consider Facebook?• Advertising intelligence that’s cost effective• Audience size • Superior distribution with visual and video
creative• In depth analytics and insight• Localisation • Products available such as Instant Articles,
Facebook Live, Chat Bots and much more
“Facebook works for B2B: Facebook users want awesome distractions. Show them something awesome that helps with their
work, and they’ll click” Brain Carter, 2016
‘Facebook users aren’t in a business frame of mind when logging into Facebook’
How to be successful on Facebook
How to make your business successful on Facebook
Clear objective What exactly do you want your social media to do?Know your audienceHow does your audience interact on Facebook?Captivating contentWhat will make your customer elect to pull your posts through their filterOptimised distribution When’s the most effective time to talk to you customerMeasure, test and adapt Consistently measuring and testing your activity will keep you ahead of the curve
Objectives• Free traffic to my website!• To sell loads of stuff and make lots of money!• To tell everyone about us and what we do!
• To communicate with a younger or different target market that uses these platforms• To help with my search engine optimisation (SEO) and building links to my site• To listen and understand what people are saying about us• To provide helpful information or resources• To be seen as a technical expert or specialist• To develop a community and interact with our customers • To respond to customers needs and improve our customer service
Audience: Current fanbase• Use Facebook
Insights to understand who your current audience is
• Review your fans vs people reached vs people engaged to ensure your talking to the right audience
Audience: Current fanbase cont…• Use Facebook
Audience Ad Insights to understand more about your current and target audience
• You can discover device information, job titles, relationship status and who else they ‘like’ on Facebook
Audience: Facebook behaviour
Facebook Audience Ad Insight also provides data on your audience’s actions on Facebook, helping to identify what type of behaviour and interaction your audience responds to. This will help inform KPIs and call to actions.
Audience: Research (Mosaic)
Why content is important for Facebook• Without quality content any activity on
Facebook will fail. • The aim of your content – both visual and
text is to not only stand out on the newsfeed but to move the user towards some sort of action.
• What you need to remember is that users interact differently on social than they do on other channel. So never duplicate content to Facebook, always create bespoke, snackable and visually impactful content.
Content: B2B doesn’t mean boring to boring We create a bespoke Content Marketing Strategy that builds from the Keyphrase
Research and the Technical SEO, whilst retaining the message, tone and style of the external campaign
We use a range of tactics to create On Page, Off Page, Content collateral and Outreach – here are some examples carried out for other clients:
How to create excellent content: Ideation tools
How to create excellent content: Leverage your communityUse your community to:
• Capture ideas and problems your potential prospects may have through ‘social listening’
• Leverage peer recommendations for content
Writing the perfect postIf you think about how someone consumers social media posts, it’s quick, visual and often through mid scroll. For example only 6% of social media users read copy word for word. This means your copy has to be short, succinct but also compelling and focused on driving the user towards an action.
When composing your posts consider:
• What am I trying to stay?• What words will express it? • How can I convince someone to take action?• Would I click or interact if I saw this post?
Copy Examples • Quick Guide• A complete guide to• Questions you should ask before• Rules for• Essential steps to • Most popular ways to• Tips for busy• Tactics to• What no one tells you about
Brands that ‘get it’
Brands that don’t
Distribution ProcessBefore distributing you need to determine:• What is the objective of this piece of content? • Who is the audience of this content? • What does success look like?• How do the above 4 questions impact on the timing, tone of voice, frequency,
imagery, channel and call to action?
Social Media Posting Check ListAll activity will require:• Shortened, trackable utm links • Correctly sized imagery or URL card• Compelling copy and objective driven call to
actions• Scheduled in time and day for posting• Agreed KPI
How do I find the best time to post?
How to keep timing optimisedBest times to post should consistently be monitored and adapted ever quarter. Tools such as Facebook Insights and Likeanalyzer can help identify active audience times, however it is key a test and learn approach is adopted. • Post a few minutes after the hour to allow for scheduled posts by other
business to be distributed• Consider the time of day and the action you would like the user to take. Users
will be more likely to click and read articles during commutes or evening • Consider second screening particularly on Twitter. If there is a key sporting,
national or TV event Twitter noise will increase making your message a lot harder to be seen
How to Create Excellent ContentPost Types
How to Create Excellent ContentWhat post types should I use?
Test, learn and adapt
What you can trackMeasure Reach Engagement Action Advocacy
Paid• Impressions / Reach• CPC / CPM
• Interaction Rate• Relevancy Score• Click Through• Completed Plays
• Purchase Consideration – Telephone or Enquiry Form
• Sales / Attribution
• Mentions in Earned Channel
• Acquisition to Fan / Follower
• Post reach / impressions
• Page views • CPM & Media Value• Share of voice vs.
• Interaction Rate• CTRs• % new visits vs return
(website)• Bounce Rate
(website)• Time & pages per
session (website)• Engaged Users• Open Rates
• Purchase Consideration – Telephone or Enquiry
• Recommendations• Ratings and Reviews• Repeat interaction• Sentiment
Earned• Reach % non fans• Number of mentions• Mentions reach /
• Comments, shares and likes
• Followers• Platform traffic (dark
• Purchase Consideration – Telephone or Enquiry
• Recommendation rate• Ratings and reviews • Sentiment
What you should track• When setting KPIs, think about
context. For example tracking impressions doesn’t mean anything unless the quality is quantified with other metrics such as interactions, clicks and bounce rate.
• Each metric you track should quantify your starting objective.
• If you’re running Facebook advertising you should always integrate Conversion Pixels.
Other free tools • http://likealyzer.com/• http://simplymeasured.com/free-social-media-tools/• http://socialmention.com/• https://grytics.com
A closer look at Facebook distribution tactics
Facebook Advertising • One of the many benefits of
Facebook advertising is that you can now target job titles, industry's and employers.
• If you have a broad target audience we recommend using narrow audience and exclude people to ensure you are reaching the right types of users
Lead generation When someone clicks on your lead ad, a form opens with the person’s contact information automatically populated. This makes filling in the form as fast as two taps.
The Benefits:• Quick and easy method to
attain customer’s data• Reduced cost per lead • Respond to leads in real time
Facebook Lead Ads
Facebook Carousel AdsThis ad format showcases 3-5 images and links within a single advert unit to direct people to specific locations on your website.
The Benefits:• Allows you to target prospects who might have
shown interest in a number of different offerings• Promote different areas / strengths of your busi-
ness• Drive lower cost per click than single image ads• Allows you to A/B test a range of content in one ad
How to include Facebook advertising in your digital strategy• Your Facebook paid and organic strategy
should be separate in terms of the content promoted. But joined up on messaging
• Utilise your paid Facebook strategy in conjunction with your Adwords approach, considering which stage the customer will see and engage with your ads
• Use Facebook’s hyper targeted audience to start collecting & segmenting data in Google Analytics for potential expansion to Google network
“…in 2019, video will account for over 80% of the world’s internet traffic and almost a million minutes of video will be shared every second.”
The Benefits: • Facebook’s News Feed puts emphasis
on live streaming• People are automatically notified –
unless they proactively opt out• No need for expensive production
costs• The visibility
How to include Facebook Live in your social media strategyFacebook Live can be great way to deliver Q&As and informative seminars that drive thought leadership and bring personality to your business.
• Tell fans when you're going to broadcast. Create a "30-minute warning" post to tease your broadcast.
• Ask viewers to subscribe and receive notifications of future broadcasts.• Write a compelling headline (aka show title) before going live. "Join Us On
Facebook Live!" is not a compelling title. Be specific.• Make sure you have a strong internet connection. You don't want your
broadcast to suddenly quit because of a bad WiFi signal. • Establish a schedule so that viewers know when to expect your broadcasts.
Audience Optimisation for posts
A free and completely under used Facebook feature, audience optimisation for posts allow you to deliver segmented organic content to the right audience. You can even put in audience restrictions, limiting competitors or those who have no propensity to buy from you seeing the content.
If you’re wondering where to turn Audience Optimisation on…
How to include Audience Optimisation in your digital strategyUtilise Audience Optimisation to create a level of segmented organic posting that focuses on
• Localised messaging• Demographic and or interest specific• Time sensitive posts
Facebook Instant Articles The Instant Articles program allows publishers to host content directly on Facebook instead of posting links to direct users back to their own websites. It’s designed, in part, to help address the problem of slow loading times on the mobile Web and reduce drop outsThe benefits:• Instant Articles load up to 10
times faster than the mobile web
• Works with Medium and Steller • Immersive Facebook
How to include Instant Articles in your digital strategy• Instant Articles is a fantastic tool
to use in driving thought leadership. It should be incorporated into the wider content marketing strategy and utilised in a similar way to LinkedIn Pulse
• Create unique pieces of content that fit with the audience’s psychology / habits on the platform
• Leverage influencers to create Instant Articles for you
Tips for getting started1. Identify your marketing and social media objectives2. Audit your audience and the platform3. Assess internal resource4. Plan a distribution strategy and identify key performance indicators5. Test, measure and adapt