Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17)...

continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted between square brackets represents the regular print information. Why do you need to complete this form? As an individual or trust, your account information is confidential. You need to complete this form if you want the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) to deal with another person (such as your spouse or common-law partner, other family member, friend, or accountant) who would act as your representative for income tax matters. You or your legal representative must complete and sign this form. The CRA will process completed forms only.

Transcript of Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17)...

Page 1: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

continue on next pageT1013 – 1

T1013 E (17)

Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative

NOTE: In this form, the text inserted between square bracketsrepresents the regular print information.

Why do you need to complete this form?As an individual or trust, your account information is confidential. Youneed to complete this form if you want the Canada Revenue Agency(CRA) to deal with another person (such as your spouse or common-lawpartner, other family member, fr iend, or accountant) who would act asyour representative for income tax matters.

You or your legal representative must complete and sign this form.

The CRA wil l process completed forms only.

Page 2: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

T1013 – 2

Can you use this form for your business accounts?No. For business number accounts, use Form RC59, "Businessconsent for access by telephone and mail".

What is a legal representative?A legal representative is an executor or administrator of the taxpayer'sestate, someone with a power of attorney, guardian, or trustee orcustodian for trust accounts. That person does not need to completethis form to be updated as a legal representative on the taxpayer'saccount, but he or she must send a complete copy of the legaldocument giving him or her the authority to act in that capacity to theappropriate tax centre.

Authorizing a representativeWhen you authorize a representative, you are lett ing that personrepresent you for income tax matters at the level of authorization youspecify, for the tax year or years you indicate. Income tax mattersinclude issues related to information on your tax return.

Page 3: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

continue on next pageT1013 – 3

If your representative contacts us, we wil l ask him or her foridentif ication. After we confirm your representative's identity and that heor she is l isted as your representative on your account, we wil l ask forspecif ic information relating to:

your name, address, date of birth, and social insurance number;

your notice of assessment or notice of reassessment;

your tax return; or

other tax documents.

You can authorize more than one representative. However, you mustcomplete a separate Form T1013 for each account and representative.

You can add or change information about an exist ing representativethrough My Account at canada.ca/my-cra-account or by completing anew Form T1013.

For security reasons, inactive authorized representatives wil l beremoved from your account after two years.

Page 4: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

T1013 – 4

Part 2 – Representative information and authorizationSection A – Authorize online access for all tax years (including

access by telephone and in writing)

By completing Section A, you are authorizing your representative todeal with the CRA through our online services and by telephone and inwriting . Your representative wil l have access to alltax years online.

For trust accounts, your representative wil l have access to all tax yearsavailable to them but with no online access.

Part 1 – Taxpayer informationEnter your account number and your name. If you are an individual,enter either your social insurance number (SIN), temporary tax number(TTN), or individual tax number (ITN). Otherwise, enter your trustaccount number.

If you have a "care of" address on your account, we wil l send you a letterasking you to call the CRA to authorize the online access. To avoid adelay, use My Account's "Authorize my representative".

Page 5: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

continue on next pageT1013 – 5

Provide the RepID, or GroupID, or Business number (BN).

Section B – Authorize access by telephone and in writing

Levels of authorizationThere are two levels of authorization you can give to yourrepresentative. By specifying the level of authorization, you control thetype of access or information we give to your representative.

NoteI f you do not specify a level of authorization, we will assign level 1.

(no online access)

By completing Section B, you are authorizing your representativeto deal with the CRA only by telephone and in writing .

You have to provide the name of your representative if i t is anindividual, the business name if your representative is a business orthe name of your representative and the business name if you wantthe CRA to deal with a specif ic individual from that business.

Page 6: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

T1013 – 6

Level 1 – Disclose

We may disclose information to your representative such as:

information given on your "T1 General Income Tax and BenefitReturn" or your "T3 Trust Income Tax and Information Return";

adjustments to your "T1 General Income Tax and Benefit Return" oryour "T3 Trust Income Tax and Information Return";

information about your registered retirement savings plan, HomeBuyers' Plan, tax-free savings account and Lifelong Learning Plan;

your accounting information, including balances, payment onfi l ing, and instalments or transfers;

information about your CRA-administered benefits and credits(Canada child benefit , goods and services tax/harmonized sales taxcredit, and working income tax benefit); and

your marital status (but not information related to your spouse orcommon-law partner).

Page 7: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

continue on next pageT1013 – 7

Level 2 – Disclose/Request changes

We may disclose the information l isted in level 1 to your representativeand, with level 2, he or she may ask for changes to your return(s) andyour account. Such changes include:

adjustments to:

– income;

– deductions;

– non-refundable tax credits; and

accounting transfers.

Your representative can request remittance vouchers for you.

Your representative wil l be able to submit a request for taxpayer rel ief orf i le a notice of objection or an appeal on your behalf.

Page 8: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

T1013 – 8

Your representative will not be allowed to change your:

address:

marital status:

direct deposit information; or

pre-authorized debit agreement

Part 3 – Authorization expiry date

Enter an expiry date for the authorization given in Section A or B ofPart 2 if you want the authorization to end at a part icular t ime.

Part 4 – Cancel your representative(s)

You can cancel your representative(s) using My Account atcanada.ca/my-cra-account , by call ing 1-800-959-8281 , or bycompleting parts 1, 4, and 5 of this form. An authorization stays ineffect unti l you cancel i t , i t reaches the expiry date you choose, or weare notif ied of your death.

Page 9: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

continue on next pageT1013 – 9

Your reprensentative can also immediately cancel their ownauthorization using Represent a client at canada.ca/taxes-representatives , or by making a request by telephone or in writ ing.

To cancel more than one representative, but not al l representatives,attach another sheet.

To protect your confidential tax information , we wil l not accept or acton any information given on this form unless you or a legalrepresentative has signed and dated this form.

Part 5 – Signature and date

I t is your responsibi l i ty to monitor and understand the transactionsyour representative completes on your behalf, and to make sure thatthe information for your representative is current. You can view yourtransactions using My Account .

Your responsibilities

Page 10: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

T1013 – 10

The CRA often adds new online services that your representative canaccess. It is your responsibi l i ty to review these services and decide ifyour representative should sti l l be authorized to represent you. If youfeel your representative is not acting in your best interest, youshould immediately remove their access to your information .

For a l ist of available services, go to canada.ca/taxes-representatives .

Send the completed form to your CRA tax centre at the addressl isted below. If you are not sure which tax centre is yours, go tocanada.ca/cra-offices , or look on your most recent notice ofassessment or notice of reassessment. You may also find it on othernotices from us.

Where do you send your completed form?

If your tax services office is in: Send your form to:Alberta, Brit ish Columbia,Hamilton, Kitchener/Waterloo,London, Manitoba,Northwest Terri tories,Saskatchewan, Thunder Bay,Windsor, or Yukon

Winnipeg Tax Centre66 Stapon RoadWinnipeg MB R3C 3M2

Page 11: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

continue on next pageT1013 – 11

Barrie, Bellevi l le, Kingston,Montréal, New Brunswick,Newfoundland and Labrador,Nova Scotia, Nunavut, Ottawa,Outaouais, Peterborough,Prince Edward Island,Sherbrooke, St. Catharines,Sudbury, or Toronto

Sudbury Tax Centre1050 Notre Dame AveSudbury ON P3A 5C1

Chicoutimi, Laval,Montérégie-Rive-Sud,Québec,Rimouski, Rouyn-Noranda,or Trois-Rivières

Jonquière Tax Centre2251 René-Lévesque BoulevardJonquière QC G7S 5J2

Send your form to:If trust account resides in:For trust accounts:

Brit ish Columbia;Nova Scotia;Sherbrooke, Quebec; orLaval, Quebec

Sudbury Tax Centre1050 Notre Dame AveSudbury ON P3A 5C1

Page 12: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

T1013 – 12

Do you need more information?I f you have questions about how to complete this form, call1-800-959-8281 .

Teletypewriter (TTY) users

TTY users can call 1–800–665–0354 for bi l ingual assistance duringregular business hours.

Service standard for processing this formWe aim to process this paper form within 4 weeks from the date it isreceived by the CRA.

Winnipeg Tax Centre66 Stapon RoadWinnipeg MB R3C 3M2

Any other Canadian location,international location, or fordeemed residents

Page 13: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

continue on next pageT1013 – 13

Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative

T1013 E (17)Protected B – when completed

You can view, add, modify, or cancel your authorized representativesonline using My Account at canada.ca/my-cra-account . Yourrepresentative wil l have instant access to your information and onlineservices to easily manage your account. To immediately cancel arepresentative, cal l us at 1-800-959-8281 .

I f you recently moved, you can update your address and contactinformation online using My Account, by telephone at 1-800-959-8281 ,or in writ ing.

Complete a separate Form T1013 for each account (Part 1) andrepresentative (Part 2).

Do not complete a new form every year if there are no changes.

See the attached information sheet if you need help completing thisform.

Page 14: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

continue on next pageT1013 – 14

Part 1 – Taxpayer informationComplete the line that applies.

SIN, TTN or ITN

First name:

Last name:

Trust account number

T

Trust name:

Page 15: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

continue on next pageT1013 – 15

Part 2 – Representative information and authorization

Complete section A or B, as applicable.

A. Authorize online access for all tax years (including access bytelephone and in writing)

RepID

First name:

Last name:

Complete either the RepID or the GroupID or the Business number ofyour representative.

Page 16: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

continue on next pageT1013 – 16

G

GroupID

Group name:

Business number (BN)

Business name:

Page 17: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

continue on next pageT1013 – 17

Level of authorization ( level 1 or 2):

NoteA representative of a trust account wil l have access to all tax yearswith no online access.If you have a "care of" address on your account, we wil l send you aletter asking you to call the CRA to authorize the online access.

Page 18: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

T1013 – 18

B. Authorize access by telephone and in writing (no online access)

First name:

Last name:

Business name:

Area code Ext:Telephone:

Area code Fax:

Page 19: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

continue on next pageT1013 – 19

Tick the appropriate box and indicate the level of authorization:

Level of authorization( level 1 or 2):

Al l tax years (past, present,and future)

Specif ic tax year(s) with level of authorization(level 1 – disclose, or level 2 – disclose/request changes)indicated for each tax year.

Level of authorization

Tax year(s)

or

Page 20: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

T1013 – 20

Part 3 – Authorization expiry dateEnter an expiry date, i f applicable.Your representative's access to yourinformation wil l stay in effect unti l youor your representative cancel i t , or weare notif ied of your death.

Year Month Day

Page 21: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

continue on next pageT1013 – 21

RepID

Part 4 – Cancel your representative

Complete this section to cancel your representative(s) and remove theiraccess to your information. Tick the appropriate box.

Cancel all representatives.

Cancel the representative l isted below:

or

First name:

Last name:

Page 22: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

T1013 – 22

G

GroupID

Name of group:

Business number (BN):

Business name:

Go to My Account at canada.ca/my-cra-account to view allrepresentatives with access to your information.

Page 23: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

continue on next pageT1013 – 23

Part 5 – Signature and dateI f you are the taxpayer , you must sign and date this form.

If you are the legal representative , you must tick the box below, andsign and date this form.

I am the legal representative for this taxpayer or estate/trust.(executor/administrator, power of attorney, legal guardian, trusteeor custodian).

Important: You must send a complete copy of the legaldocument giving you the authority to act in thiscapacity to the taxpayer's tax centre. Read theattached information sheet for tax centre addresses.

If two or more legal representatives are acting jointlyon the taxpayer's behalf, each legal representativemust sign on page 24 [below].

Page 24: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

T1013 – 24

Name of taxpayer, legal representative(s) or corporate off icer(s)

Date of signature

Year Month Day

Signature of taxpayer, legal representative(s), or corporate off icer(s),parent (i f taxpayer is under the age of 16), witness (when signed witha mark)

X

I f your representative has not electronical ly submitted this form onyour behalf then it must be submitted within six months of the dateof signature. If not, i t wi l l not be processed.

Name of corporation and tit le of corporate off icer(s)

Page 25: Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative€¦ · continue on next page T1013 – 1 T1013 E (17) Authorizing or Cancelling a Representative NOTE: In this form, the text inserted

T1013 – 25

Personal information is collected under the "Income Tax Act" toadminister tax, benefits, and related programs. It may also be used forany purpose related to the administrat ion or enforcement of the Act suchas audit, compliance and the payment of debts owed to the Crown. Itmay be shared or verif ied with other federal, provincial/ terr i torialgovernment insti tut ions to the extent authorized by law. Failure toprovide this information may result in your request not being accepted.Under the "Privacy Act", individuals have the right to f i le a complaint withthe Privacy Commissioner of Canada (OPC) regarding the CRA'shandling of their personal information and the right to access theirpersonal information and request correction if there are errors oromissions. Refer to Info Source at canada.ca/cra-info-source , PersonalInformation Banks CRA PPU 005, CRA PPU 015, CRA PPU 063, CRAPPU 140, CRA PPU 178 and CRA PPU 218.

Barcode