A15 christmas decorations
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of A15 christmas decorations
A15 Christmas/Winter Decorations from Chryseleousa
Primary School K.B’
Maths in Art
The action has received funding from the European EunionThis presentation reflects only the authors’ view.The Commission is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information it contains
Observing microscope photographs of snowflakes and finding symmetry axes
• Designing a random pattern inside a triangle and reproducing it.
• Composing 12 triangles to replicate the shape and symmetry of a snowflake
Making it snow in our yard
• Fold and cut out shapes to create a snowflake inspired designs.
• Using a protractor to estimate the angle and fold a piece of paper aiming to create 6 axes of symmetry.
• Folding used wrapping paper and creating symmetrical Christmas designs.
• Inspired by Polish folk designs and the cutout technique.