7 Commercial Water-Saving Solutions
Embed Size (px)
Maintaining a budget is all in a day’s work for businesses, and one of the best places to cut overhead costs without compromising your services or products is water conservation especially if your business is a hotel or in an older building.
Transcript of 7 Commercial Water-Saving Solutions
- Water Wisdom Tips to Help Your Business Conserve Water
- Maintaining a budget is all in a days work for businesses, and one of the best places to cut overhead costs without compromising your services or products is water conservation... ...especially if your business is a hotel or in an older building.
- Earth has 1,386,000,000cubic kilometers of water, but only 2.5%of that is fresh water. Water costs account for an average 1 to 2 percentof a businesss overhead. Schools, hotels, office buildings, hospitals, retail stores, and other facilities account for 17% of publicly supplied water use in the United States. Water Stats
- Water utilities and government agencies offer grants, rebates, and tax credits to businesses as incentive for water conservation. Many solutions are available that promote water conservation while still accommodating needs for agricultural, industrial, and residential use. $
- S O L U T I O N S WATER-SAVING S O L U T I O N S WATER-SAVING
- 01 Inform your teammates of water scarcity issues and the impact of water conservation practices. EDUCATE YOUR EMPLOYEES.
- KNOW YOUR WATER USAGE.02 Read your water meter daily, weekly, or monthly to record your average water consumption and build incentive programs that can motivate conservation efforts. 1 2 3 4 5
- MAXIMIZE THE EFFICIENCY OF YOUR COOLING TOWER. 03 Eliminate once-through cooling equipment with municipal water by recycling the water flow to cooling towers, or replace the equipment with air-cooled equipment.
- CHECK FOR LEAKS.04 Leaks can account for more than 6% of a facilitys total water use. Identify and repair leaks in your water distribution system to keep your facility from wasting large quantities of water.
- MINIMIZE WATER USED FOR CLEANING. 05 Adopt alternative cleaning practices. For instance, instead of steam cleaning your carpet, switch to dry power or spot cleaning.
- MINIMIZE WATER USED FOR LANDSCAPING. 06 Use turf and plants that are tolerant of drought conditions. Adjust sprinkler systems to irrigate landscape areas.
- INSTALL SANITARY FIXTURES AND EQUIPMENT WITH CONSERVATION TECHNOLOGY. 07 Replace existing equipment with high-efficiency plumbing fixtures to save water. Low-flow plumbing fixtures are a one-time cost and easily implemented, allowing for long-term water conservation.
- https://www.twdb.texas.gov/publications/brochures/conservation/doc/Indus trialbrochure-final.pdf http://www2.pacinst.org/reports/water_fact_sheet/ http://www.epa.gov/watersense/commercial/index.html http://www.epa.gov/watersense/commercial/managing_water.html#tabs- planning http://www.conservewatergeorgia.net/documents/business_tips.html http://water.epa.gov/polwaste/nps/chap3.cfm http://www.epa.gov/watersense/commercial/docs/watersense_at_work/# /59/zoomed FIND WATER-SAVING PLUMBING FIXTURES FOR COMMERCIAL USE AT PACPLUMBING.COM RESOURCES: