3 leadership habits all managers should learn from Jay-Z
Embed Size (px)
Jay-Z made his way from drug-dealer-turned-rapper into ‘the’ multi-industry mogul. His incredible success can be traced back to three leadership habits that he displays time and time again. With every new artist he signs and with every new business venture he undertakes, Jay-Z uses these habits to make sure he leads his team to success.
Transcript of 3 leadership habits all managers should learn from Jay-Z
- www.piethis.com To bring out the best in your team, you have to bring out the best in yourself.
- www.piethis.com Jay-Z consistently out-work everyone and perform at his highest level.
- www.piethis.com Rita Ora once arrived late to a recording session, and Jay-Z made her pay a fine.
- www.piethis.com Instead of making her work harder because of fear, this made her want to impress him even more due to his relentless work ethic.
- www.piethis.com ! Jay-Z is always on time during recording sessions. He memorises all of his lines and never wasted time that leads to any costly re-takes.
- www.piethis.com As the team leader, your actions set the expectations of everyone around you.
- www.piethis.com If you want to push people to work even harder and deliver even better work, start with yourself and perform accordingly.
- www.piethis.com Most rappers only collaborate with other rappers.
- www.piethis.com Jay-Z works with rappers, artists from other genres and even people from entirely different industries.
- www.piethis.com Other than working with Justin Timberlake and Linkin Park
- www.piethis.com He owns sports teams with Russian billionaires and negotiates hundred million dollar contracts for athletes.
- www.piethis.com Jay-Z find success as a leader because hes constantly learning from people different than him.
- www.piethis.com This habit gives him a wealth of experiences that he can apply to future business endeavours.
- www.piethis.com When people work with Jay-Z, they know theyre working with someone who will be there for them no matter what comes.
- www.piethis.com Once when a Cristal executive publicly denounce that HipHop was giving a bad impression to their brand
- www.piethis.com Other than a strong press release, he also pulled the champagne from his line of sports lounges and encouraged other rappers to do the same.
- www.piethis.com The comment wasnt even directed to Jay-Z or his label
- www.piethis.com But he felt that he needed to defend the entire culture of hip-hop from being slandered.
- www.piethis.com He have defended Rihannas controversial choice to get back together with Chris Brown.
- www.piethis.com Not forgetting being by Kanyes side after that incident with Taylor Swift.
- Read the full post on the Pie blog www.piethis.com
- Pie is a team chat app that helps you have better, more productive conversations at work. With Pie, every discussion topic gets its own chat room, so all of your work conversations -- industry news, feature specs, lunch plans -- always stay on topic. www.piethis.com www.piethis.com