2016 Captains Corporate Partnerships
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of 2016 Captains Corporate Partnerships
2016 Corporate Partnerships
Who are the Lake County Captains?
The Lake County Captains are a Minor League Baseball team owned by
two local families, the Carfagna and Murphy families. The families are life-
long Clevelanders and huge supporters of the northeast Ohio community.
The Captains have a player development contract with the Cleveland
Indians who are responsible for providing the players, coaches and training
staff for the team.
The Indians have five Minor League Teams:
• Columbus Clippers – Triple-A
• Akron RubberDucks – Double-A
• Lynchburg Hillcats – Advanced-A
• Lake County Captains – Single-A
• Mahoning Valley Scrappers – Short-Season-A
The Lake County Captains Experience
“We are NOT in the sports business, we are in the
business of helping others achieve what they want and
need through the power of the unique Lake County
Captains experience exclusively available at Classic Park.”
Captains in the Community
• Our organization makes it a priority to be actively involved in
the NE Ohio community throughout the entire calendar year. Our
employees volunteer with charities such as the United Way of
Lake County and Cleveland Foodbank, coach local youth sports
teams, and participate on boards with organizations like the
Mentor Area Chamber of Commerce and the
Willoughby/Western Lake County Chamber of Commerce.
• Over the past three years the Lake County Captains and
Captains Charities have donated over $250,000 to the
community through in-kind donations, cash, Skipper
appearances and community service hours!
• The Captains, and its non-profit arm, Captains Charities, focus
on numerous youth and educational initiatives as well as helping
underserved groups within the community.
Community Events at Classic Park
• The Lake County Captains and the City of
Eastlake work hand-in-hand to bring a variety
of events to the ballpark to benefit local
citizens and the community.
• In 2015 Classic Park played host to the
following community events:
• Holiday Tree Lighting Community Event
• City of Eastlake 4th of July Fireworks
• Community Easter Egg Hunt
• Captains Charities High School
• Captains Charities 5K Race and Walk
• Ohio Celtic Festival
Special Events at the Ballpark
• The Captains have also partnered with
community organizations and national promoters
to host special events at the stadium.
• Highlighting 2015 was the second annual Joe
Haden Celebrity Softball Game, Eastlake North vs.
Willoughby South Border Battle high school
football game, Global Force Wrestling Tour, and
“The Glitz” benefitting the Lake Health Foundation.
• The Lake County Captains 13th season in
northeast Ohio was highlighted by seven (7)
sold out crowds and an average attendance
of about 5,200 fans per game on Fireworks
• During the 2015 season the Captains drew
over 221,000 fans to Classic Park over 66
home games – an average of nearly 3,400
fans per game. Total attendance at Classic
Park over the 120+ ballpark events
throughout the year was over 250,000!
• In 2016 Classic Park will host its Four
The Captains receive daily coverage in The News-
Herald, which has a circulation of over 35,000 copies
each day. The team also receives stories in the Plain
Dealer as well as national media coverage from ESPN,
Sports Illustrated and FOX Sports, among others.
The Lake County Captains have the largest Social Media
following in Lake County with nearly 20,000 Facebook
likes and almost 10,000 Twitter followers!
Social Media advertising opportunities include:
- Facebook, Twitter or exclusive Social Media sponsor
- Year-round ability to promote coupons or special offers
Advertising with the Lake County Captains
Partnerships NOT Sponsorships
Our partners tell us, year in and year out, that they love working with the Captains and continue working with us for numerous reasons ranging from our community focus, customer service, flexibility, affordability, attendance, fan demographics, uniqueness, and most importantly our commitment and dedication to helping our partners be successful. Additionally, our partners and fans alike constantly reference the fact that the Captains provide a first-rate entertainment experience that everyone in the community can enjoy no matter what their budget may be.
“Our affiliation with the Lake County Captains has been a true partnership. We work together to benefit not only each of our organizations but the Lake County community as a whole.” -- Rick Cicero, Senior Vice President, Business Development
Velvet Ice Cream has been the official ice cream of the Lake County Captains for many years. This partnership is truly valuable for our marketing exposure in NE Ohio. We look forward to our continued partnership for years to come! --Nathan Arnold, Velvet Ice Cream
“The House of LaRose partnership with the Lake County Captains has been successful for many years. The Captains continuous display of flexibility and their repeated endorsement of our brands makes their affiliation with the House of LaRose a very successful working relationship.” -- Art Sunday, House of LaRose
Memorable Experiences at the Ballpark
organization with the
that Minor League teams
like the Captains provide
to our fans every night:
•Ceremonial First Pitch
•Play Ball Kid of the Game
•Take Me Out to the Ballgame
•Field of Dreams Teams
•Skipper’s Fun Run
• Signage is the most visible branding and advertising option available, reaching
a captive audience for three (3) to four (4) hours
• Signs receive over 2.5 million impressions annually
• Include an interactive in-game promo such as, “when a ball hits your sign one
lucky fan wins a prize” to draw more attention to your sign
• Most requested piece of inventory and is sold on a first-come, first-served basis
Brand an area of the stadium and in addition to the in-park exposure to
over a quarter of a million fans, you’ll also be included in print publications
such as 200,000 pocket schedules, 60,000 On Deck programs, 10,000
ticket brochures and in the Classic Park stadium map
• Concourse signs measure 5’ x 5’ and are located throughout the main
concourse of Classic Park.
• Signs are spread out and placed near restrooms, concession stands and
• Great for branding and displaying detailed information about your product
• Signs are limited and are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Route 91 Digital Billboard
• Over 16 million vehicles pass by Classic Park annually
• At an average of two people per vehicle the digital billboard receives around
32 million impressions annually
• Packages from one (1) to 12 months long are available
• Graphics are shown for eight (8) seconds each and are rotated 24/7
Between Inning Promotions
• Most talked about and creative, out-of-the-box advertising option
• Between inning promotions are the essence of Minor League Baseball and
are interactive for both participants and fans alike
• Include both PA and video board recognition before, during and after the
• Great for product placement and display in front of thousands of fans
• In 2015, the Captains hosted 24 fireworks shows following select Friday, Saturday
& Sunday games which drew the largest crowds of the season
• Sponsors are included in all Captains print materials, in-ballpark ads and radio
broadcasts while also receiving a custom fireworks logo used to promote each
• The sponsor receives a party suite for 20 people or 50 group tickets, a ceremonial
first pitch and their logo displayed on the video board during a show
On Deck Game Program
• On Deck is a full-color program
given away for FREE at every
Captains home game
• Annual distribution of over
65,000 per season
• Multiple issues printed with
updated stories, rosters, and
information about the Captains
• Ads can feature a coupon or
bounce-back offer to drive
traffic to your location
• The Captains print almost 200,000
pocket schedules annually which are
distributed throughout NE Ohio
• Provides exposure season-long from
March through September with fans
using schedules for game times,
upcoming promotions, ticket
information and the Classic Park
• Can be used as a coupon opportunity
Captains Coupon Books
• The Captains coupon book is printed
in two production runs of 10,000
pieces each and handed to fans for
FREE as they exit the ballbark during
select, premium game dates.
• The Captains make PA
announcements towards the end of
games in which the coupon books are
handed out highlighting sponsors
within the books.
Ticket Back Coupons
• Over 225,000 tickets are printed
annually and coupons appear on
the back of every fourth ticket.
• Ticket back partners receive logo
and verbal recognition during all 70
home games via PA and video
• Sponsor a giveaway item for 1,000 to
• Giveaway partners are included in pre-
promotion PA reads at the ballpark, print
and radio ads, Route 91 digital billboard,
pocket schedules, On Deck program
and online at captainsbaseball.com.
• Receive concourse table and first pitch
on the night of the giveaway.
Captains Reading Program
The Captains Reading Program reaches hundreds of schools in Northeast Ohio
as over 30,000 children participate. Each child participant receives a Captains
bookmark and pencil set and children who complete the program receive a free
ticket to a Captains game, free hot dog, free Kids Zone voucher, free premium
giveaway item and an on-field parade with their classmates.
Captains Radio Network
• Captains baseball can be heard on AM 1330
WINT (Mon – Sat), ESPN 970 WFUN (Sunday
and weekday day games) as well as
• Broadcasts includes a 20-minute pre and
post-game show with highlights, player
interviews and game previews/recaps.
• Radio advertisers receive 30-second
commercials during each broadcast along with
opening and closing billboards.
• Receive sponsorship of a unique in-game
feature such as home runs, out-of-town
scoreboard or this date in baseball history!
• CaptainsBaseball.com has over
250,000 unique visitors annually
with over 1 million page views from
• Ads on the website are placed in a
prime location directly under the
main story on the front page.
• You’ll also be included in a
minimum of one (1) e-mail
newsletter which has a subscriber
base of over 11,000 fans.