2011 asrl navy_open_event_report
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of 2011 asrl navy_open_event_report
- AUSTRALIAN SURF ROWERS LEAGUE
2011 EVENT REPORT
- A PARTNERSHIP WITH
The Australian Surf Rowers League has just completed a proud 2 year partnership with the Royal Australian Navy which has been embraced by the surf lifesaving community all around Australia and together we look forward to continued relationships for many years to come.
The sport of surf rowing requires effective team work and a high level of fitness, two
attributes of the Royal Australian Navy. Our sport is an ideal means to promote the
healthy ideals of the Royal Australian Navy
The Australian Surf Rowers League and its members provide an important community
service by conducting Surf Lifesaving duties, beach patrols on many Australian beaches.
The partnership alliance aims to increase public understanding of Navy and the
importance of the Navy values.
Honour, Honesty, Courage, Integrity and Loyalty.
- SUMMER 2010 2011 NAVY
ON BEACH AND AT SEA
In the Summer of 2010 -2011 The Navy National Premiership Leaguehas given the Australian Surf Rowers League the opportunity to showcase the sport of surf boat racing around the nation, every state activated their own Navy Premiership Series events with valued media support by the Navy. it all culminated in February at the 2011 Navy Australian Open Surf Boat Championship in Wollongong NSW
In the summer of 2010 -2011 the Navy Premiership League was staged across 22 event days at beach venues around Australia covering all states (QLD / NSW / VIC/ TAS /SA / WA).
All beach event venues were branded Navy to maximise strong recognition with additional support locations promoting Defence Recruitment displays.
Nationally over 550 crews participated (2750 competitors) from around the coastline of Australia donning their Navy branded singlet's.
- NAVY LAUNCH NOBBYS BEACH
The State of New South Wales was chosen as the official launch of the 2010-2011 Navy Australian Surf Rowers League Premiership Season.
Commanding Officer of HMAS Newcastle, Commander Anthony Campbell and President of the ASRL, Bert Hunt launched the season and dual partnership. A Navy AS 350BA Squirrel helicopter from 723 Squadron conducted a flyover at the launch.
Commander Anthony Campbell said.. The Australian Surf Rowers League and Navy have many similarities, both rely on young, fit, healthy Australians in boats doing a community service. As in surf rowing, teamwork is very important to how the Navy operates. You cant row a surf boat on your own nor sail a ship.
This sport is an ideal means to promote the ideals of the Royal Australian Navy, Commander Anthony Campbell said ..
Navy is proud to be naming rights sponsor of this iconic Australian
sport. In surf rowing and in the Royal Australian Navy, teamwork and fitness are very important.
- SPONSORSHIP OBJECTIVES - NAVY
- To provide a viable National Sponsorship program aimed at attracting lifesaving members and supporters to the Navy The Team Works - brand.
- To provide Navy The Team Works with a strong national brand association with a sport that depicts a social beach / surf / healthy lifestyle environment male and female prime demographics 18 34.
- To provide positive grass-roots brand exposure for Navy The Team Works at local community level.
- To provide a direct opportunity for Navy The Team Works to promote and market their Recruitment brand association through the surf lifesaving network.
- To provide an official Navy / ASRL Facebook promotion as an extension to our community engagement programs.