1 SmarThru Workflow. - 2 - STWF Introduction Troubleshooting Practices Q&A Contents.
Embed Size (px)
Transcript of 1 SmarThru Workflow. - 2 - STWF Introduction Troubleshooting Practices Q&A Contents.
- * -STWF Introduction TroubleshootingPracticesQ&AContents
- * -ObjectiveDevelop a document Workflow server application that supports workgroup up to 100 people Obtain Competitive Solution for the middle-high end marketing areaObtain a Digital Sending Solution supporting intuitive graphic user interface and flexible extensionObtain a Digital Sending Solution to be extended to Total Document Solution for the futureSmarThru Workflow OverviewWhat is STWFWeb-based application, which converts paper-based information into digital images andsends it directly to several user-defined destinationsDigital Sending Solution is required for middle-high end market There is no solution for Digital Sending such as HP Digital Sending Software for Workgroup, Xerox FreeFlow SMARTsend for Enterprise, etcDoes not have proper solution for the middle-high end productPreparing the Samsung Total Solution for Document Management SolutionBackground
- * -Digital Sending Solution between MFP and Destinationthe key to a streamlined document capture-process-route system.Web based Application for Admin and General userCommunication with Device by SOAP/XML data Supporting the multi users and devicesAllocate the user per deviceManage the Workform per userManage Job History per userSupporting Intuitive User InterfaceEasy creation for Workform Plug-ins of Additional functionality for extensionSupporting extension functionality based on plug-in methodSupport secured data transmitCommunicating with SSL protocol for security between server and deviceProject Concept
- * -Offer a web based application managed through a browser via network without any pre-installation Create and use Workforms per userSupport various user authenticate methods through local or network authentication Manage a history with a grid and graphic analysisSupport backup functionality for safetySupport data transmit under SSL protocol for security between Server and Device and between Server and UserOffer intuitive graphic user interface to create and manage Workform.Support multiple destinations Support Meta Data in WorkformSupport Access control & Group management for each plug-insSupport 3rd Party Application
- * -Email & FaxOCR & FTPColor PrintingOCRFaxPrinterEmailFTPFolder
- * -MFPUserLoginLoad WorkformsScan to SendingCreate Workforms SmarThru Workflow ServerUser23456MFPAdministrator1 Register devices Assign usersUserBasic Workflow Scenario
Device #1User #1Workform #1Device #2User #2Workform #2Device #NUser #NWorkform #N
- * -Network SmarThru Workflow ServerExample) Scan to OCR & Folder scenarioPC6OCRFolderUserCreate Workform as Scan-OCR & Folder2Administrator1 Register devices Assign usersMFPLoginLoad Scan-OCR & Folder WorkformSend imageUser345OCR7Send document
- * -MFPUserLoginLoad Scan-PCFax WorkformSend imageCreate Workform as Scan-PCFax SmarThru Workflow ServerUser2345MFPAdministrator1 Register devices Assign usersExample) Scan to PCFax ScenarioMFPPSTNNetwork7Send document6Send document
- * -PSTNNetworkMFPReceive FaxLoad Fax-Folder WorkformSend imageCreate Workform as Fax-Folder SmarThru Workflow Server2345MFPAdministrator1 Register devices Assign usersExample) Incoming Fax to Folder scenarioPC6Send documentFolder
- * -Example) 3rd Party Application (Available from 2.0)User feels the Device is communicating with 3rd Party Application directlyAdministrator1Register devices3rd Party ApplicationSTWF Server will relay the request and response between Device and 3rd Party ApplicationAfter sending parameters to 3rd Party Application, Device will send scanned data to 3rd Party Application453rd Party Application process scanned data and parameters which were sent from deviceUserSet parameters in User Interface while making Workform2Send Request / Get Response from 3rd Party Application3
- * -Refer to Admin Manual for Installation.
If the previous version of STWF is installed already, then you can see below notice. Then use patch setup in Patch\Setup.exe of installation folder
SmarThru Work Flow (STWF)Installation & Installation
System RequirementsInstallationSetting the LicenseUninstallation
* A faster processor and/or additional memory may increase performance
Select the language
License Dialog box.
Welcome dialog box
Choose Destination Location
Create the Administrator account and Password
* Keep the Admin ID and Password in a secure.
The password can have a maximum 20 letters and case sensitive.
Set the HTTP and HTTPS ports.
* Use the default values unless they conflict with other port number.
Start Copying Files.
Progressing the installation
Progressing the installation
Click the Unblocking
Complete the installation
Launcher the STWF
- * -In SmarThru Workflow service, Workflow means a list of processes connected together in certain order to properly input, transform and transmit data. A Workflow comprises the format of Workform.
A Workform consists of three processes which are categorized as follows: Input process The Input process is responsible for capturing the input data stream. The user can graphically add the Input plug-in into a Workform design by selecting from the list on the left pane of the Workform Manager window . Only one Input plug-in can be assigned to each Workform. Transform process The Transform process is responsible for manipulating, converting, and formatting the data stream. The user can graphically add the Transform plug-in into a Workform design by selecting from the list on the left pane of the Workform Manager window. Only one Transform plug-in can be assigned to each Workform. Transmit process The Transmit process is responsible for routing and storing the data. The user can graphically add the Transmit plug-ins into a Workform design by selecting from the list on the left pane of the Workform Manager window. A maximum of three Transmit plug-ins can be assigned to each Workform.
Each process can include multiple plug-ins. Some plug-ins are installed by default when SmarThru Workfow server is installed. The user can create his own Workforms for the device on the network from the clients computer and accesses to SmarThru Workflow Service with ID and password from the device side and the device retrieves the Workforms list. The user chooses one of them and executes the job. The job is processed according to the contents of the Workform.
- * -Workform Library Workform Library page displays a list of devices managed on SmarThru Workflow server as a gridDisplays devices list
- * -Displays brief device informationDisplays brief Workform information
- * -Workforms are classified into two types: Public and Private. Public Workforms are created only by the administrator and Private Workforms are created by the general users.
Public Workform The administrator creates the Public Workform. General users can utilize it but can not modify the parameter values. General users is allowed to copy the Public Workforms to other devices. Private WorkformThe user can create, modify, copy and delete his/her own Private Workforms.Generic Workform Generic Workform is available only in generic device. Generic Workform can be used in any device. Optional value will be promote or demoted automatically according to device capability.Device Workform Administrators and users can create device workforms Administrators and users can modify or delete their own device workforms. Administrators and users can use device workforms at the specific MFP.
- * -Workform Manager Workform Manager page enables the user to manage Workform graphically. The Workform can be created by integrating plug-ins installed in the SmarThru Workflow server.Can create Workform graphically by clicking plug-ins of left paneDisplays Workforms list createdPlug-ins list
- * -Making Workform
- * -Making Workform with Meta Data
- * -Workform Manager page enables the user to manage Workform graphically. The Workform can be created by integrating plug-ins installed in the SmarThru Workflow server. The plug-ins installed are :Input Scan Fax Email Folder FTPTransform OCRTransmit Email FTP Fax Folder Printer MS SharePoint Windows Fax Database WebDAV
- * -Multiple Inputs and Outputs More Input and Transmit plug-ins can be contained in the Workform Transmit plug-ins can be duplicated
- * -Job History Job History page enables the user to analyze the results of every job. Every Job creates Job Tickets during the execution of the Workform and those information are stored into the database of the SmarThru Workflow server for analysis.Displays Job log (history)
- * -Displays Job log as chart
- * -Job History page enables the user to analyze the results of every job. Every Job creates Job Tickets during the execution of the Workform and those information are stored into the database of the SmarThru Workflow server for analysis.
Job History List On Job History List page, a table is displayed with columns as follows : the user can display specific result of the list by selecting one of the devices and the users (only administrator) to filter the data. Date LoginID Domain DeviceName IPAddress Workflow FileName Result When the user click one of the list, the detailed Workform properties and information are displayed on the pop-up window. If the user clicks the graph icon on the top right of the page, the graph page displays, The Job History table is switched to the graph image which is shown the statistical data as the analysis. The items displayed on the Job History Page may differ according to the users, administrator or general users.
- * -Settings Settings enables the administrator to configure SmarThru Workflow server settings. Settings includes Authentication, User Management, Device Configuration and other configurations regarding mandatory and optional settings.Brief explanation for Settings menu
- * -Items on Settings page are :
Admin Configuration Device Configuration Authentication User Management Workform Settings 3rd Party Registration Maintenance Setup Environment
- * -Admin Configuration Configure administrator informationCan input administrators information
- * -Device Configuration Add and configure Samsung multifunctional peripherals (machines)Can add devices by searching network
- * -Device Configuration Hijack DeviceIf you want to get the control of the devices hijacked, click the hijack Device Devices controlled by other STWFDevices are connected to other STWF server
- * -Authentication For security reasons, the administrator may turn on the authentication feature that requires the user to log in in order to access to the system. SmarThru Workflow supports three different authentication methods: Network (LDAP or Domain) Authentication, Workflow Authentication, and SyncThru Authentication.Can choose authentication methods
- * -Account Management In Account Management, the administrator can decide which account may access which multifunctional peripherals (hereinafter machines) by putting the user name under the names of intended machines on Assign List In this process, the administrator may select multiple users to assign them to a machine.Can map users with devices, then the users can create Workforms for assigned devices
- * -Access Management Administrator can manage users by group, and access right by Workflow capability and assign user, group to each device, then the users can create Workforms for assigned devices
- * -Workform Settings In Workform Settings, you can add and configure the SMTP, FTP and FAX servers, and add users to the Address Book.Can configure servers setting
- * -Third Party Registration In Third Party Registration , the user can register and un-register 3rd party applications dynamically.Can register and un-register 3rd party applications
- * -Maintenance In Maintenance, you can set up policies for backup, job history retention, and a path for a temporary job folder.Back up database into filePreserves job log(history) for some periodDesignates data cache folder
- * -Setup Environment In this final stage of setup, you can learn how to create, request and/or configure a certificate. Since SmarThru Workflow runs on Secure HTTP(HTTPS), a valid certificate is required for access to the network.Administrator should generate SSL certificate as final stepAdministrator should enable SSL protocol so that the users can access SmarThru Workflow server with Web clients
- * -STWF DB file Back up Login STWF as an Admin Back up STWF DB
STWF DB Restore (After re-installation) Stop the STWF Process
- * -Change the name of backup file to SWASDB.db Replace the original with the backup oneRun the STWF
- * -SymptomsWhen trying to login STWF in the device and the device display Connecting SmarThru Workflow Server message and finally can not access the STWFCause Firewall enabledResolutionAdd the STWF Process to the exception list on firewall
- * -SymptomsAfter installation, when you create the workform, the setting window of a Plug-in is not shown up
Cause Enhanced Internet Explorer securityResolutionRemove the Enhanced Internet Explorer componentStart -> Control Panel -> Add or Remove Program -> Add/Remove Windows Component Uncheck the Enhanced Internet Explorer and Click the Next button
- * -Workform with Generic DeviceHost PCMake a user account for accessing the SMB(Folder)Make SMB Folder such as STWF_SMBShare the folder and give the access right (Right of write is essential) Copy any three file to the folder such as(Sunny1, Sunny2, Sunny3)STWFLogin the STWFSelect the Workform ManagerSelect the Generic Device(Logical Device)Make a Workform for Folder -> SMBSMB InformationServer Name: \\192.168.10.5\STWF_SMBLogin ID: user1Password: 1111Actual PracticesMake a text file with your name Make two WorkformsFolder->FTP(IP:192.168.10.5, ID/PW:user1/1111)Folder -> E-mail(SMTP:192.168.10.5, E-mail:[email protected])
- * -Private Worform(Scan to Multi-Destination)STWFLogin the STWFSelect the Workform ManagerSelect the device Make a Workform for Scan To Email & SMB & FTPSMTP Information(188.8.131.52)To: [email protected]: your Single e-mailSubject: Scan to Mult-DestMessage:???SMB InformationServer Name: \\192.168.10.5\STWF_SMBLogin ID: user1Password: 1111Domin:Output Filename: yourname_SMBDeviceGo to the Device Put your business Card or name tag on the flatbedLog in the STWFSelect the Workform you madeExecute
- * -Meta DataSTWFLogin the STWFSelect the Workform ManagerSelect the device Make a Workform for Scan To EmailAdd the Meta Data(Name, Date of Birth, Sex[Male, Female})SMTP Information(184.108.40.206)To: [email protected]: your Single e-mailSubject: Scan to Mult-DestMessage:???When Setting Email, Select the [[email protected]] in SDTSave the WorkformDeviceGo to the Device Put your business Card or name tag on the flatbedLog in the STWFSelect the Workform you madeExecute
- * -Thank you
**Hello,This time is for Network Scan software.Agenda is like this,First, overview network scanSecond, using network scanAnd last, troubleshooting